- Name: De’ron Maxwell
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 205
- Position: Nickel , Corner
- College: Bethune – Cookman University
- Twitter: @airMAX_2
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I was born in Philadelphia and moved when I was about 6 to Camden ,N.J. where I was going back and forth to both cities what I love most about the environments is that they taught me a lot just by being in the conditions that these cities are in I wanted more from a young age, seeing violence, drugs, etc. I knew I wanted to make a change and get out of the environment that I was in the cities allowed me to mature fast.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and conditions first and foremost especially at the collegiate level, Film study you need to see yourself on film and also evaluate your opponent look for tendencies strength and weaknesses etc. And lastly practice this is where you take those weaknesses that you see on film and work towards make them a strength of yours practice the way you want to play and Saturday’s will come easy.
What do you worry about, and why?
• One thing I worry about is injury and this is why I take care of my body the way I do with ice baths ,stretching, and training I worry about an injury because my love for the game is strong and I don’t want to be away from it one bit.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• A time I failed at something was my senior year I had to double up on some classes and I failed one math class that was needed for me to go to the next level however I did not get discouraged. I went on to play JUCO ball while learning to perfect myself in the classroom and on the field and at the end of everything I signed to play division 1 football here at the lovely Bethune – Cookman University.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say my best quality would be my athleticism I can play all over wherever the coach wants to put me I’ll play. I was a highly recruited WR in high school and even play KR , PR and WR in JUCO and now DB here at Cookman so I would say Athleticism.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Devin Singletary FAU but when playing other opponents I want to be considered the best on the field at the time so all the hype doesn’t matter it’s me vs you and I like me to win the matchup.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• There was always a backup plan. I wanted to pursue a career in the business marketing field I feel as though I am good at persuading someone or informing someone about something so I wanted to market products maybe work for Nike or wherever I land a job at on a marketing team.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room , Car , Desk
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would choose to save one family member and that family member would be my mother of course without her I wouldn’t be here and she raised me as a single mother and taught me a lot one thing was to never give up no matter what circumstances you are in keep going.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• A movie character I would be would be Batman because no matter what situation he is in he always has something on his tool belt to get him out of the situation that he is in and that’s what I like about him I like to relate to the tool belt on the field while playing defensive back using my tools (technique) in certain situations.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life was growing up in the city I grew up in dealing with the loss of friends family members etc. As I said earlier I didn’t become a statistic and get sucked in. I knew what I wanted and I wanted change so I became and example for the younger peers in my community I am a product of my environment.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was in my junior year. I caught a slant and broke up the middle of the field heading towards the end zone and I caught a cramp running and I got ran down and tackled at about the 5 yard line.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play of my college career would be at Nebraska me and the tight end we’re going at it the whole game he just wasn’t having a good day with me I kept knocking him down every other play shedding his blocks and making tackles.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Work hard, Play hard – wiz Khalifa because I work hard and play hard
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I would say my physicality I’m a physical db so at the next level this is where being physical helps a lot because at the next level the receivers are physical as well.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandmother I just want to have one more conversation with her and hear here motivate me.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Dynasty Dance Club
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Minkah Fitzpatrick
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected a person could like you but not respect you but when you are respected you are respected because of achievements qualities etc.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Sean Taylor he was a GREAT safety to me and to have his career ended in death is crazy to me.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My older sister she also being bought in the same environment as me she made a way for herself she is married and has one child my nephew and she had her acupuncture license she will soon open up her own business.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- THIS! MOST DISRESPECTED NEWS OUTLET OF THE NFL, PERIOD twitter.com/DamondTalbot/s…
about 34 mins ago
- Last Chance:Syracuse freshman defensive back Cornelius Nunn was arrested on gun charges in Miami… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 34 mins ago
- ICYMI:Von Miller can’t possibly hit the open market… right? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/von-mi… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/XMNPbYuAMB
about 41 mins ago
- WE tried telling you! No one listens to Draft Diamonds though twitter.com/AlbertBreer/st…
about 46 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Will Gragg, TE, University of Pittsburgh nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/will-g… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 47 mins ago