- Name: Darius Williams
- Height: 5’9
- Weight: 200
- Position: Safety, Nickel, Corner
- College: Carson-Newman University
- Twitter: @Darius7Williams
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from St. Petersburg, FL. Although this is a big city, what I love most about it is the sense of community. The boys I grew up with playing little league football are the same ones that I’m seeing at the college level. Also, I feel a strong sense of pride from the community that I’m from because of the talent that is born out of St. Petersburg; talent in not only the NFL, but other sports, education, and business.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• I would rank the importance of these by strength and conditioning, practice, and then film study. I feel this way because, in order to perform well in a game, you have to be in your best form physically. The practice is extremely important to me and it is time that I take very seriously. I have always had the mentality of “you play how you practice”; therefore, in order for me to deliver in a game, I must first deliver in practice. And lastly watching the film is key because you want to break down your opponent’s film vividly by looking at the quarterback’s tendencies, seeing how the receivers get in and out their breaks, and how lineman is getting off the ball run or pass.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I try not to worry about too much because everything is in God’s hands and I trust in Him.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• When I didn’t get the offers that I wanted in high school, I was disappointed. However, God had a plan and I ended up at Carson-Newman University. In hindsight, I have been blessed with the position that I am in and the career I have at Carson-Newman.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Most likely my effort, energy, and leadership. No matter the circumstances, I will always give everything I have for my teammates. I’ll go to war for them. I feel as though when one person leads with that mentality, the next man will and the team will continue to feed off of each other.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player that I have played against in college is Marvin Conley from the University of West Florida. Marvin exemplifies what it means to be a student of the game.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• My ideal career would be to start off as a football coach and personal trainer. From there, I would like to work my way up to the position of a University athletic director.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, it’s the first thing that you wake up and see. Also, when my room is out of order it adds chaos to my day, so keeping it clean is a priority.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Whoever I can grab first. Natural instincts will say to save as many people as I can.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Spider-Man, he was my favorite superhero growing up. I admired him because he continually puts others before himself.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Throughout football, my biggest adversity has been my height. However, I have learned to take that frustration and prove them wrong. I’m an All-American, All-Region, All-Conference player and I make it a priority to prove that I am the best player on the field every snap.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• In high school after lunch, I walked around school the entire day with food stuck in my teeth. It was embarrassing but I look back on it now and still laugh at it.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable play would have to be the pick 6 I had vs Tusculum University my sophomore year. This play sealed the game vs our rivals at home.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Hardaway – Derez De’shon
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My technique is my most important trait. I value technique because I have seen that players who are at the highest level are technicians.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring back Sean Taylor. I would like the opportunity to learn more about the game as well as life lessons from him.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Estate
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• DJ Swearinger S Arizona Cardinals
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, you can’t get everyone to like you but you can earn their respect.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Aaron Hernandez, because of how talented he was and the bright future he had. All of this for him to go downhill with some bad decisions.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose because of my competitive nature.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• I cannot choose just one. I would have to pick my family as a whole. I give everything I have in each workout, practice, and game so that I can give back to them one day for everything they have done for me.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Former Chargers OL Max Tuerk’s cause of death finally revealed; The former USC Trojan passed at 26… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 16 mins ago
- ICYMI:Breaking: Former Florida Gators RB Mark Thompson will workout for the Panthers nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/mark-t… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 17 mins ago
- ICYMI:Police arrest Georgetown WR Dijon Williams in connection to a first-degree murder in DC… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 17 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for September 30, 2020; Roster Cuts, Daily Workouts and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 17 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL postpones Titans and Steelers game due to COVID-19 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/titans… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ly7Tn2xoYa
about 27 mins ago