- Name: Daniel Byrd
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 190
- Position: WR/PR
- College: Jacksonville State University
- Twitter: @byrdiview_9
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is not very big. But a place that brings people together from all different places. What I love most about my hometown is our beach. It is known as one of the top beaches in the country.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
The first is film study. It is important to know your opponent. But also find the best way to make your self better on the field and build knowledge of the game. Film study for me is like the cheat sheet to the test. I get to see everything for the whole week before the actual test on Saturday and I hope to get that opportunity to do that for Sunday’s very soon.
Second is strength and conditioning for me. Because if I cannot be in the best shape how can I even perform in practice to even show my coaches that I deserve to be on the field for Saturday or Sunday. So I always want to be in the best shape so I can keep that high motor running.
What do you worry about, and why?
• What I worry about most is that I won’t have enough to give back to the people help me most get here. Also that I didn’t do enough to impact that next generation of players to come to play this great game. I feel that I have to leave my mark in a positive and life-changing way somehow.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed to make the varsity team in high school for my first two years. It was my goal to play as soon as I got there. But patience is a virtue. So I put my head down the whole summer went to work made the varsity team my junior and senior season. I guess you could say it worked out because I got a full ride to play the game of I love at great University.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Best quality is my leadership, I know how to bring a group together and always fight for my guys no matter if he is the star or the guy that walked on. I want my brothers to reach success by being good men first and great football players second.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Best player I ever played against was from Murray State linebacker Quincy Williams. Dude is a baller.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Sports Agent/ Entrepreneur – Always wanted to help young men to reach their goal of making the next level once my days of playing were done. And I always have had the drive to own more than one business that would create jobs for other people. Constantly thinking of nee business ideas.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
- First thing I clean is my room because that is my place of peace and relaxation.
- Second is my desk I feel that with a clean work area I am able to create and brand new ideas with a clear and clean space.
- The third is my car but that always needs to stay clean because I like to ride in style.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• In all honesty that would be a very hard decision because I love people. But I was always raised that family always comes first if you are doing something good. So I would have to save my family member.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Definitely would be some type of king of something only because the game of thrones is one of my favorite shows of all time and I would want some type of mythical animal I could ride.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Biggest adversity losing someone who was very close to me my grandmother and I overcame it by trying to bring joy to everyone else and it helped me cope.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Dropped a wide open ball in high school in a playoff game that one was rough.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Most memorable was catching the first TD in the new Atlanta Braves stadium vs Kennesaw State.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Nipsey Hussle Dedication
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I know how to interact with people and communicate with them to get the best results possible so we all can reach our common goal.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandmother, so I could hear her voice and so that she would get to share her daily dose of wisdom that she would always give me.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Boogie
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Cole Beasley
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. Because it has to be earned. Someone liking is usually based off what you do for them. But respect is based off how you carry yourself and the change you bring around you. One of my favorite quotes of all time is by Drake. He says “ I would rather lose my leg than lose their respect. Respect I believe can take you places and lead you to success even where you are not liked.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon great talent, but let drug abuse take over. When it all could have been avoided the first time he ever tried it with the answer no.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win because life has taught me you are going to lose eventually so why to hate it, learn from that process of failure and loss and shape it into success.
• Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• It would be my Mom she ran track at Florida State. She always had pushed to be the very best me first as a human and then strives for greatness on the field. Her competitive drive rubbed off on me and now I carry it every day. But the biggest influence she brought me is love everything you do and love people because the way to be the change.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for January 20, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 47 mins ago
- ICYMI:Will anyone claim Mark Ingram today and his salary? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/mark-i… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/1E2XwOjvFZ
about 52 mins ago
- ICYMI:Packers are early favorites against the Buccaneers for the NFC Championship Game nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/packer… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:Colts QB Philip Rivers has retired from the NFL, he will now coach a high school team in Alabama… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- NFL Transactions for January 20, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago