- Name: Colton McKay
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 210lbs
- Position: Safety
- College: Clarion University
- Twitter: @coltonmckay37
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I moved around a lot as a kid but I consider Moon Township, PA my hometown because I went to high school there and currently reside there. I love Moon because it is a very nice area, there is no crime or drug issues here compared to a lot of other places that I have lived/visited. It is about 15 minute north of Pittsburgh but is a very suburban area so you get the best of both worlds
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1. Practice- if you can’t put what you watch on film or the speed/strength you get from working out together on the field then none of it matters because at the end of the day you have to be able to ball and make plays on the field to be successful
2. Film study- The mental aspect of the game is just as important as the physical part. I know corners that run 4.3s that can’t cover as well as a 4.5 guy because of technique/anticipation that they can get from film. At the next level, everyone is “fast” but the great ones are the guys that are in the film room
3. Strength and conditioning- Like I said everyone is fast and strong so I put this last. I believe the thing that can separate you here is your conditioning so that you are just as explosive and mentally aware in the 4th quarter as you were in the 1st
What do you worry about, and why?
• I believe God does everything for a reason so I do not really worry about much.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I fail all the time and I believe that it only makes you stronger. If you aren’t failing then you aren’t trying hard enough or dreaming big enough. Failing only makes you stronger and better at the end of the day.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I’ve never really asked them but If I were to guess I would say my work ethic. I would always try to be the best in the weight room or during off-season conditioning. I believe in actions over words, I am not a very vocal person but I was elected to be a team captain my senior year and I believe it was because of my work ethic.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Nobody really comes to my mind honestly
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• The room has to be clean because that is where I spend the majority of my days.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family member all day. Family means everything to me
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would want to be a cartoon character because you can literally do anything that you want.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• I am blessed to say that my biggest adversity in life has been football. I am currently a free agent just waiting for a call from a team to give me a chance. I am working out 6 days a week staying in shape so if I do get a call, I will be ready to go
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Only one moment even comes to mind and it is not appropriate for this interview, lol.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• For me, it was the 1st interception of the season my senior year. I was going through a really weird spell of dropping interceptions, literally like 10 of them, so for me to get that monkey off my back was very relieving.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Kevin Gates- I Grind I Grind
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Being coachable. I have always been able to take coaching and put it onto the field and do it exactly as they want it. A lot of people aren’t able to do that surprisingly and I take pride in being able to take directions and learn things very quickly
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• MLK so he could see that he really did make a change and didn’t die in vain. There are still issues today but he made a lot of progress and I think he would be proud to see how far its come.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Colt Club
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• AJ Green
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected all day. Respect is earned over time and for a good reason. You can like someone and not respect them
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• If injuries are included in this then Ryan Shazier, he is a great person and a very talented player. He would have been one of the best of all time if not for his injury
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose. I am super competitive in everything I do whether it be sports, video games, anything. Winning is great and all but the feeling goes away after a couple of minutes. When I lose, however, I will think about it for days and analyze why and what could have gone differently.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents. They both have amazing work ethics and are very, very selfless people. Everything they have done has been for my family and they motivate me every day to become a better person. I hope to one day repay them for everything that they have sacrificed and done for me
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:California high school football star Mitch Wade killed in nasty car accident nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/mitch-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Last Chance:Buffalo restaurant sends Ravens CB Marlon Humphrey Buffalo Wings after his social media post… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Last Chance:Beloved Georgia High School coach Teco Browning died in a motorcycle accident nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/teco-b…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago
- Last Chance:128 players have been granted special eligibility for the 2021 NFL Draft nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/2021-n… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for January 22, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago