- Name: Christian Caviness aka “Boogie”
- Height: 6”1
- Weight: 195
- Position: RB/Slot
- College: Bethany College
- Twitter: @Trukstick28
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Atlanta GA what I love most about my city is the grit of everyone, the humble presence to present, an to grind for the best versions of themselves. Without the east side of Atlanta, I wouldn’t be the man I am today it’s a blessed experience as well as vibrant times in my upbringing.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and conditioning, Film Study, Then practice. I feel that you must be strong in the weight room and conditioned on the field to succeed as well as study your film then practice your work. I feel that is a very successful routine.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Honestly, what I worry about is not having an opportunity to showcase my abilities and work ethic at the highest level.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I would say this past season I wasn’t durable enough, wasn’t prepared mentally enough, so this whole offseason I prepared my body better taking more time to look at my diet my workout routine. Then I prepared my mind looking at my flaws and triggers and worked on them. I’ve become a stronger person, mentally I’m not done yet I love to grow and learn about myself as well as others.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I would say it’s my work ethic I work very hard I’m not much of a vocal leader too much I rather let my work speak for itself not to sound cocky but very confident in how I prep myself and work on my craft.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
•Jo-El Shaw that’s my boy we have been playing against each other since high school.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Motivational speaker my story is something that can help someone out there rise up, stand up, and get up as well as never giving up. I truly feel I can help those see the light even when the tunnel is dark.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Desk, the room then the car you can’t start outside then go inside if that makes sense.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would try to save everyone each life is special and offers worth so in the term I would try it would be the right thing to do, the captain of the ship make sure all his shipmates are safe that’s how I would be.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Tony Stark aka Ironman the reason is that I would wish to change the game of football and what the position of RB can be and do as well as encourage the youth, adult, and elderly to chase his or her dreams to help catapult their confidence I wish to help the world if possible. it’s truly a dream to not only entertain but to motivate and push for greatness in everyone that’s a blessed mission above all else.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• From the age of 16 I was an orphan my family passed away it truly was a tough situation I battle through abuse as well as many other horrors, I was having to raise myself on the East side of Atlanta it’s a situation I wouldn’t wish on anyone by the grace of God my grandfather I met from Pittsburgh he pushed me to chase my dreams and after 2 years of being on the streets I’m blessed to say I’m graduating from Junior College and continuing my education and possibly my dream of becoming a Professional Athlete.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Forgetting my helmet for kickoff return and I’m the returner.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Lead blocking for my teammate Seventh Turpin to get his first college touchdown I was so excited for him because he truly worked hard. I was just happy to help and run down and celebrate it made it all worth it.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Ace Hood – Goals
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I would say two things consistency & confidence.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• It would be my grandfather. The reason why? Is because he was the first person to encourage me to chase my dreams and hold me to a standard for them. Our day would be filled with fishing out by the lake listening to Sam Cooke just enjoying the moment it’s what I find most precious.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Boogie’s House ??
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Keenan Allen, he is a Dog
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• It would have to be respected. Being respected goes along the way many don’t have to like, as long as you keep putting in you’re working worrying about you people will have to respect your work.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon, I do feel his career was derailed the most by his actions. I feel for him because I know that feeling neither the less it doesn’t account for what he did or make it right I just feel sadden he worked so hard an couldn’t stay on the field I am truly rooting for him an want him to get his act together he is a blessed athlete.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose I’m very competitive I’ll do whatever is asked to help put my team in the position to win it’s not “I” ball it’s “ Team Ball”.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• It would be numerous of individuals. I couldn’t just pick one from Coach Green all the way down to Coach Tober from Coach Overton to Coach Ralph Brandon to my mentors Shortie And Cecil, Darius, Ja’Qua it’s those ones who truly had that impact since day one. Not one has ever told me I couldn’t, all that has ever been spoken to me is what are you willing to sacrifice, how hard are you willing to work, what makes you different, an most of all are you coachable.