- Name: Calvin Tipton Jr.
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 215
- Position: Running Back
- College: Tabor College (Hillsboro, Kansas)
- Twitter: @Ctbleedem
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Something I love most about being from the Bay Area is the culture. Everybody around you wants to see you do good things and that support can go a long way.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study first because a person with a higher IQ of the game can make plays on someone who does not study film and relays on his abilities. Strength and Conditioning second because your body as an athlete in this game needs to be able to endure four quarters. Practice third to just make sure the team is clicking in terms of the offense and defense coming together.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Things I worry about is continuing to do well in school, making sure I continue being a great role model to the ones looking up to me now, the ones that have seen me come to where I am today, friends, and family as well.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• An example when I failed was coming out of high school and not being D1 eligible. I didn’t get discouraged, I knew that going to junior college was going to be a huge sacrifice but I knew if I worked hard I would get to where I want to be.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• That I come from one of the best junior colleges in Northern California, CCSF and have learned great things coming out of there with Coach Bell, Coach Eskridge, and Coach Parodi that I pass down to my teammates during workouts, practice, etc.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Khalil Hodge, former CCSF and Buffalo Graduate
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I’d want to work with the community being a personal trainer in the Bay Area.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room first, desk, then my car.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• The one family member, if not I’d let the three strangers be saved and stay with my family member. Family is important to me.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• If I could be any movie character I’d want to play Boobie Miles Jr. The reason why he was a hell of an athlete and I’d admired his game.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Biggest adversity in my life was coming into college 2014 as a freshman and having to grey shit at City College of San Francisco. Must kids get discouraged during that grey shirt year, some stay, some disappear but I’m glad I kept the faith and stuck with it and had a strong support group behind me.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• One embarrassing moment for me would have to come as a child, playing in the water near the beach and the wave brought me into the water and I almost drowned. Never again do I underestimate the power of the waves.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Freshman year at San Francisco City College winning State Championship.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Jaydayoungan- Betrayed
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
•The most important thing for me is my physical trait to my running style at being 6’1 215. I’m a taller back so defenders always come low for my legs but through my years of playing I’ve learned to expect it and a have a move ready.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I’d have to say my grandma on my mom’s side. I never got a chance to meet her and mom always would tell me stories about her so I would want to meet her if I got the chance.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Caribbean Vibes
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Shalom Luani
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I’d rather be respected. It’s a better feeling when your teammates can come to you every practice/game and respect how you’re going to handle your business on the field. Everybody can be liked but what are you going to do to earn your respect once you’re in that locker room.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Chad Johnson, I believe he had many moments where if he just kept his mouth quiet his career would have lasted longer.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate losing, it’s one of the worst feelings in the world.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• The biggest influence on my life has been my mother. She works so hard to support me throughout my whole career and I want to do everything I can to do my part and one day give back to her as much as she has sacrificed for me.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for June 18, 2019 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/06/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/xKithWeBFz
about 60 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Meet IG Model Emelie Battah, Manu Ginobili Says Retirement is ‘Lovely’ & Kevin Durant Designed MW65 Wireless Headph… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago via IFTTT
- Probably the dumbest movie I ever watched twitter.com/lamichaeljames…
about 3 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone