- Name: Bikembe Kearney
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 192
- Position: FS/SS/Hybrid DB
- College: UNC- Pembroke/ Winston Salem State University Grad Transfer
- Twitter: @godplan35
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Rocky Mount it’s a small city the crime rate is pretty high and you can easily get distracted from the things that go on. However, I found my gem early and that was getting involved with sports. What I love most about my city is that things are getting better more people are getting involved in the community and one day I hope to be able to do the same.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study is very important to me because it helps me identify my mistakes from practice and also watching film slows the game down because its mental practice where I can identify route recognition, and tendencies out the OL reading my run gaps.
Strength and Conditioning are important to me and always have been being smaller than other guys I learned early that I can dedicate myself to the weight room and outwork you. And that’s what I do I’ve been dedicated to the Strength and Conditioning program since high school I haven’t missed more than 5 workouts out of all my summer training sessions. And the conditioning part of things is important because that separates the 1st half teams from the 2nd half teams.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about the next level and becoming a professional football player, I’ve given this game all I got and that’s what I want to do I want it so bad I worry about it and I know it’s not easy.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I use to fail at being able to manage my time between football and school as a freshman, I decided to do summer school to handle some of my more difficult courses and here I am today with a degree and still playing the game I love.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My work ethic, dedication, football IQ, and leadership.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Keelan Cole
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be a Sports Marketing and Promotions Director
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• My Room
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• My daughter because she is the center of my life.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Denzel Washington, I like the majority of his roles in movies and also his first name is where my mom got my middle name from.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity was finding the right fit for my post-grad season and right school.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Getting trucked against RB from Wingate lol I really tripped though.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Pick 6 for 66yds.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Meek Mill: Dreams And Nightmares
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My Physicality and IQ for the game
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandmother and for her to see me live out my dreams and just talk to her again!
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Bryce Callahan
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because it goes along ways
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Shawn Oakman, a girl accused him of rape at his school and he took it to the trail and he didn’t get a chance to get drafted and took his chances away of going to the NFL.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I HATE TO LOSE
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My mother definitely is the biggest influence on my life because of the way she raised us on her own went through the struggles never gave up, never complained and always made a way to make sure I live a better life.