- Name: Antwaine Carter Jr
- Height: 6020
- Weight: 190
- Position: FS/CB
- College: Langston University
- Twitter: @__PrimeTime25
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Being From Suitland, Maryland showed me a lot, and it helped me see the big picture for my future, I love how everyone cares about the youth, and support the youth in what they do no matter if its sports or not! I love my hometown as a whole!
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1) Film study, 2) Practice, 3) Strength and conditioning. Film study is first because you have to study the game, it is important to know your opponent’s strengths and weaknesses and it is also very important to critique yourself as well, my Dad always told me at a young age that football is more mental than physical. The practice is second because whatever you are studying or preparing for schematically is very important, it is a must to be prepared and to go work on what you watched on film and the new game plan for the week. Strength and conditioning third, that is just important as the first two you gotta be in shape especially when the 4th Quarter come you gotta have the dawg in you to fight it out and finish and that comes from the weight room, them team workouts will bring the beast out of you!
What do you worry about, and why?
• I only worry about everything that I am able to control, everything that is out of my control I really can’t worry about because it is out of my control, My Goals, My Character, my work ethic, etc. is all I gotta worry about to become a better person every day.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I would say my Junior Year in High School I had a serious neck injury, That is a failure to me because I wasn’t able to finish the season and help my team accomplish our goal in the playoffs, I even was told I was not going to be able to play again, But I made sure I played football again and now I am playing college ball overcame all the doubt and negativity.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My Work ethic and My personality
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I would say my Freshman year at the University of Maryland we were playing West Virginia University, and witnessing WR Kevin White going for over 200 Receiving yards with 10 or more catches. that probably was the best performance I have witnessed because that is something that is hard to do and to do that on a secondary that we had, just have to credit when it is due.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I wasn’t playing football I would be a sports Journalist.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I clean my room first, just because that’s the place I am at throughout my days.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save all 3 and the family member.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be the Flash, I choose the flash because he is the fastest and he can hold his own and still live a normal life too Lol.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Biggest adversity to me would be my injury my sophomore year at Maryland, I had my ups and downs through the time but with Great friends and teammates that I consider brothers being by my side and helping me stay up and believing that I was coming back better than ever helped me overcome and stay strong.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Watching Kicker Brad Craddock kick the game-winning field goal to beat Penn State in 2014 was a memorable play for me, I appreciate to be a part of history.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Dj Khaled, Meek Mill, and Lil Baby – Weather the storm
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Staying positive, keeping the faith, and having a strong mindset are traits that can help you succeed.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Name of my Club would be called “Love Life Club”
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• I would say Pittsburgh Steelers Safety Sean Davis is one of the players I believe is underrated. Being able to watch him play and to see his hard work and work ethic and for him taking me under his wing soon as I stepped on campus for the 2-3 years was great. m He flies to the ball, He can play man, he can play in the box, He can cover slots, etc. how he prepares himself mentally is a lot of things that go unnoticed as well and to be able to witness that is just amazing.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected, why? Because I was raised big on Loyalty and respect, just because someone like that doesn’t mean they Respect you.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I would say, Josh Gordon, because he has so much talent, on the field he definitely can be argued one of the Wideouts in the league, but I have faith he can turn things around to better himself.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love Winning, I HATE LOSING!
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents, my sister, my close friends, Family, and my girlfriend has been the biggest influences in my life they all play a huge role!