- Name: Ivan Milliken
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 195
- Position: DB
- College: Lenoir-Rhyne University
- Twitter: @HOLDINHEAT
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Greensboro, NC it’s not the biggest city but the culture is good here.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study, strength and conditioning and practice. The film is always important so you can breakdown your opponent and critique your own mistakes. Strength and conditioning come next following practice, you must be able to compete with the competition if you can’t put all three together you won’t be successful on gameday.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Putting in the work and not getting the expected results.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I will always remember my track days trying to PR that next meet so when the practice came I made sure I don’t make the same mistake twice in a race.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• If I asked I’m sure it would be be speed.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I’m not sure.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Barber and graphic designer
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, desk, and car
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I’m saving my family member because we have a small family so we are limited.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Flash, because he is the fastest and we all know speed kills.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Being underrated, nobody ever thinks your going to succeed until you do it.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Not sure
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Blocking a kick to seal the game
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Nipsey Hussle – Hussle and Motivate
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Grandpa, he always had words of wisdom when I’m down
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Silent Nite
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Xavien Howard
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, because people can like you but not respect you.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Pacman Jones, I know that feeling of just not being able to get right. Even when your doing good something still seems to distract you.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
I really hate losing.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mom growing up she always made a way for me even when it didn’t seem possible.