- Name: Ryan Rockensuess
- Height: 6’4″
- Weight: 312
- Position: OG/OT
- College: Austin Peay State University
- Twitter: @rockensuess75
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Troy, Michigan, a suburb north of Detroit. It’s far enough away from the big city to seem like a small community. I love all the small local restaurants in the area. I also love the winter there and have really missed that while at school in Tennessee.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Most important would have to be Film Study, Strength, and Conditioning, and the Practice
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about failing at something each and every day. The reason I worry about failure is that the last thing I want to do is let someone down that is counting on you. That is what motivates me every day through that fear of failure it keeps me going and makes me work harder.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My junior year of college I failed an accounting exam and this caused me to analyze why I did how I did on the exam. While doing so I changed the way I prepared and studied to make sure that I would be successful in that class from then on. I ended the Class with a B proving to myself that I can overcome failure.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• They would say my best quality is my ability to outwork and motivate those around me.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Johnathan Ledbetter DE, Georgia. We opened my senior season against them.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would have a career in Finance, most likely in Real Estate Finance.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, desk, car
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would choose my one family member because my family means the world to me and I would do anything for them.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Jake Peralta from Brooklyn Nine-Nine because he is funny, easy-going, hardworking and very good at his job so it is very easy to relate to someone like him and it’s one of my favorite shows.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• I went 0-24 my first 24 college games. It was one of the hardest things I had to fight through with all of my teammates and ended up going 13-10 for my last 23 games of my college career. That was 8-4 my junior year then 5-6 my senior year at Austin Peay. To overcome it I just had to keep my head down and focus on where I wanted our team to go and have everyone else on the team buy into the same process.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• While I was running on the field during practice my knee braces got stuck together and I tripped right in front of our Head Coach Will Healy.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• It was against UCF in 2017 we were on the 6-yard line about to score and our running back fumbled the ball on the 2-yard line. Then our tight end picked the ball up and fumbled the ball on the 1-yard line. Then I was already in the end zone recovered the football in the end zone. I scored the touchdown against the 17th ranked team in the country!
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Got Your Six by Five Finger Death Punch
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Preparation and with preparation comes an outstanding work ethic. My preparation and dedication is the most important trait I have to help me succeed at the next level because having an edge on the opponent in all aspects of the game is how the game needs to be played.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Vince Lombardi, so he could give me a pregame speech.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Rock’s Place
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Shaq Mason because he is one of the best guards in the NFL and doesn’t get the recognition that he deserves based on his performance.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected because my word and honor is worth more to me than being liked.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Maurice Clarett, from all of his off the field issues because I was able to hear his story in person when he came and spoke to our team before my senior season. It was truly inspiring to hear where he was and where he is now.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose more than I love to win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Family is my biggest influence on me because they push me each and every day to be the best version of myself. They may be really hard on me at times but in the end, I know that they are just trying to make me a better person no matter the situation.