•Name: Durrell Wood
•Position: Offensive Guard/Center
•College: Ohio University
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Columbus Ohio and I enjoy the amount of diversity it has. It’s such a big city that And has so many different personalities that it makes your social skills with people that may be different than you, much better
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1. Practice
2. Film Study
3. Strength and Conditioning
I put these in this order because it’s pretty obvious you must be strong to play the game but if you don’t know your plays and if you can’t watch the film to correct yourself the correct way, then you will just be strong. It takes much more than strength to be good at this sport and practicing your craft is key.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about making a better way for my family and making a better life for myself with the game of football. This is all I’ve wanted to do since I was little and it’s coming to the moment where all these years of hard work could either pay off or not. Very nerve racking.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I have had shoulder surgery and was forced to miss games because of it. When this happens to a lot of athletes, they can start feeling sorry for themselves and start losing focus on their goals. I just look at setbacks and lessons. Once adversity hits you have to keep going. I trained and treated my shoulder and in no time I was back playing.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Khalil Mack
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Is like to go into Mental Health
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• My family member because I don’t know what kind of people the strangers are or if they would save you if the situation was flipped. They could be evil or they’ve can be good but you know exactly what type of person your family member is and that they care for you.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Probably Batman because he is really an ordinary guy who username what he knows in order to help people and save lives. He was never really blessed with a super power.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life was when I hurt my shoulders my senior year and I didn’t know if my football career was over due to that injury. I overcame it by staying focused and putting my trust in my coaches. They were able to get me another year and it was the best year I had.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment is falling off the stage in the talent show when I was in the 5th grade 😂
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Honestly losing to Miami my senior year. It still makes me sick
What song best describes your work ethic?
• My moment – 2 chains
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• One of my closest friends Brian. He was a great person and just had so much going on in his life he couldn’t take it anymore. And I think what he went through before he commuted suicide would enlighten many people on the issue
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Marshal Yanda
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because someone can like you and still not respect you but It’s rare to respect someone you don’t like. Respect is more important to me than being liked.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Sean Taylor because his issues weren’t really under his control. It was an unfortunate situation that ended a great career
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• The biggest influence on my life is probably my best friend Kolaiah because he has been through more than most people and he still tries to keep it all together and he looks out for other people more than himself even though he doesn’t have much.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:NFL Draft Diamonds Partners with the College Gridiron Showcase for 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/07/colleg… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 23 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Baker Mayfield Throws Shade at Giants Fans When Speaking on Odell Beckham Jr. ift.tt/2O1kESO
about 33 mins ago via IFTTT
- ICYMI:2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: MyKelti Williams, S, Northern Illinois University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/07/mykelt…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 45 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro
- Best New York Giants players under 25 ift.tt/2YWxnHl
about 47 mins ago via IFTTT
- AFC South: 5 most exciting games in 2019 ift.tt/2GiXT6p
about 47 mins ago via IFTTT