We are learning that San Antonio Commanders wide receiver Mekale McKay will be working out for the Buffalo Bills sometime this week. The Bills expressed interest after the league folded. McKay is a huge target and a deep threat.
McKay finished the AAF season in 8 games with 22 receptions for 375 yards and 4 touchdowns.
McKay, a former high school hoops star who received interest from Louisville and Kentucky to play that sport, transferred from Arkansas after his freshman season to Cincinnati to be closer to an ailing grandmother. The NCAA allowed waived the transfer year in his case, so he was able to play immediately for the Bearcats. He made a solid contribution to the Razorbacks in his only season there, starting 10 times and catching 21 passes for 317 yards and two scores.
All McKay did in the wide-open UC offense was average over 30 yards a catch (16-485) with seven touchdowns in 2013. His junior (44-725, eight TD) and senior (27-507, two scores) seasons displayed the similar big-play ability to NFL scouts despite his playing for a team that spreads the ball around to six or seven receivers every game.
He is a big play producer, and the Bills have a quarterback with a Big Arm, it could end up being a solid match in heaven.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Bless Austin is a freaking beast. I love that kid. How did teams pass on him. I know he was hurt but that kid is tough as hell
about 41 mins ago
- I am not accepting a TIE, SCREW THAT. Eagles fans deserve better. Go For it at least
about 44 mins ago
- You have to be kidding me. A FREAKING TIE
about 45 mins ago
- you never want to blame the refs, but the refs should not be the ones causing the problems twitter.com/Ohio_StateMENT…
about 1 hour ago
- I have a lot of Rams fans on my feed and they have every right to be mad too. I was mad when my team had a fake int… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago