• Name: Les Maruo
• Height: 6ft
• Weight: 230lbs
• Position: LB
• College: UTSA
• Twitter: @LMaruo214
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I was actually born in Japan and grew up in Shizuoka, Japan
until I was 10 years old then moved to Wichita, Kansas. I like Wichita
because everybody knows everybody and the whole city supports me with
everything I do.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength
and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study, practice, strength
study first because if a player doesn’t know his assignments, keys,
and plays then he is no good. A player has to be mentally ready before
film/plays then you can put it into practice. Strength and
your strength and conditioning do not come into play.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about not being able to provide and support for my
family because I grew up in a single parent
have money growing up so being able to give everything back to my mom
for all the hard work she’s done for me and my brother will be a dream
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react
and how did you overcome failure?
• When I failed to start as a Junior. I overcame this failure by
working twice as hard and giving everything I had the following
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Work-ethic. I only had one junior college offer out of high
school and I’ve always had to earn everything with hard work and
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• N’Keal Harry from Arizona State but the best player I’ve
with is Alvin Kamara at Hutchinson Community College.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• My career would be coaching or personal training. I want to
work with athletes and help them achieve their goals in life.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, can’t start my day without my room clean. My coach
always talked about how your room can tell a lot about a person. Daily
discipline is very important to be successful in life.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or
one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would
to me and they’ve done a lot for me.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Superman so I can have superhuman powers and save the world.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with
or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life was losing my dad from a car
accident when I was 4 years old. After this incident, I learned how to
stay strong and stay positive even when you feel like you’re at the
rock bottom. It made me an ambitious worker and a believer.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was when I forgot to pack my cleats
on game day.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My interception against Texas State.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Last Breath by Future
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or
Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My mind-set and effort. I might not be the most talented
athlete on the field but I will be the hardest worker on the team.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who
would it be and why?
• My dad. He passed away when I was 4 years old and never really
had the chance to get to know him.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Odori, it means to dance in Japanese.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Larry Fitzgerald. He is one of the best wide
play this game but nobody really talks about him.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because the respected person will always be remembered.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you
feel for the most and why?
• If a player wants to play football in the NFL, he should always
take care of his business on and off the field, no question asked.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win. I love the competition. It is the best feeling to
know that your hard work and dedication have finally paid off.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mom. She raised my brother and
years old. I admire her work ethic and strong mentality. I would not
be where I am today without the love of my mom.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Sorry fans, but the Atlanta Falcons are f***ed nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/falcon… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/wgclLRhZzs
about 42 mins ago
- Last Chance:California high school football star Mitch Wade killed in nasty car accident nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/mitch-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Last Chance:Buffalo restaurant sends Ravens CB Marlon Humphrey Buffalo Wings after his social media post… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago
- Last Chance:Beloved Georgia High School coach Teco Browning died in a motorcycle accident nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/teco-b…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago
- Last Chance:128 players have been granted special eligibility for the 2021 NFL Draft nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/2021-n… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 6 hours ago