• Name: Jermaine Ponder Jr
• Height: 6’1
• Weight: 200
• Position: DB
• College: Saint Francis University
• Twitter: @JermainePonder
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Rochester, New York. It’s a pretty unique place. The thing I appreciate most is the love I feel when I’m home. In every neighborhood, I feel welcomed.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study, Practice, Strength and Conditioning
What do you worry about, and why?
• I’m not a big worrier. I understand that everything that is meant for me will always come.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I’ve set a goal for myself that I didn’t reach in regards to football. I always respond with a more relentless approach. Working on flaws I have as a player or as a man is what makes life worth living to me.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say my best quality is treating everybody equal. A team is only as good and its least motivated player.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Competing with Kamron Lewis has been very challenging for the last four years
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I could not play football I would have a career as a youth life coach.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Desk, Room, Car
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• The love I have for my family is unmatched. I have to choose a family member
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be the Black Panther because he uses his special abilities to take care of his people. That is what I want to do with my life.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life would be losing people close to me. It never gets easier but I’ve learned to let it fuel me in the right ways. I take the valuable lessons those people taught me into every chapter of my life.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• One that I can think of is throwing up in the weight room in front of the whole team.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• I caught an Interception to set up the biggest scoring drive in school history
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Nipsey Hussle- Loaded Bases
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• An eagerness to learn will always help you succeed
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring back my Grandmother just so I could see her smile and say how proud she is of me.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Trumaine Johnson
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. If I go around trying to make everyone like me then I’m not being true to myself. I’d rather just stand on my moral values and believes and even the ones that disagree with have a level of respect for your authenticity.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I feel most for anyone that lost an opportunity to continue their career due to allegations and were later proven innocent. For example Shawn Oakman.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I had to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Mother has been my greatest influence throughout my life. I have seen her fight many battles and continuously crawl out of the pit without a helping hand. Through that, I developed my own form of independence at a young age.