- Name: JeJuan McCalston
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 187
- Position: Cornerback
- College: Johnson C Smith University
- Twitter: @6jay_
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is Covington, GA, a small city outside of Atlanta. I love Covington because it is a quiet city not too many people and it has just about everything you need all within 10 mins.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study, Practice, Strength, and conditioning. The most important to me is film study if you can go into a game knowing what your opponent is going to do in certain formations or on certain hashes on specific Down and distances you can eliminate a lot of what ifs. Practice is second to me because you need to train your body and your movements on what and how to see what is coming. Strength and Conditioning are important but I think film and practice are over this only because you can have the strongest and most conditioned guy out there but without the knowledge, he won’t be as prepared.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about not getting an opportunity to live out my dreams. I worry about that because I know in today’s times we don’t necessarily put religion into a lot of things but we should. So, with me believing in God I try to stay as strong as possible so that one day I can hopefully live out that dream
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• In high school, trying to get to into college I continued to take the SAT and ACT tests and I kept getting scores that were below the minimum requirement. I was waking up on the weekends going to classes to help me with the test. I took practice exams almost every weekend and with that dedication and hard work, I eventually got the score I needed to get into college without having to be a part of a program.
What do your teammates say is your best quality? • Ball Skills
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
QB #2 from Livingstone College 2016 year
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first? • Car
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save my family member in a case such as this. I choose family because I am the only child and growing up with a single parent sometimes family is the only thing that you have.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Derwin Davis from The Game. This character showed what it took to come into the league as a rookie being yourself and what it took to grow and how to also stay yourself when you are in it.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Coming into college as a freshman and expecting to play but not getting the looks and recognition I needed to show off my skills. Continuing to go 100 % at practice every day and started to make plays in practice I eventually got a chance to prove myself.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• When I was younger riding bikes with my mother and I fell off my bike and hit my chin on the pavement. I ended up having to get stitches and my scar was so noticeable that kids called me booty chin.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Recording 2 INTs in the Commemorative Classic my freshman year.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Believe by Eminem
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Being Coachable
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Grandmother, she brought so much joy and love to my life.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Will you get served?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• William Jackson
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, people don’t have to like you but if you respect someone and you respect them that goes a long way.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Eric Berry, he may not be done playing but with everything that he has been through in the past few years. He is a warrior and he has inspired so many people to get back up no matter what obstacles are thrown your way.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mom, my mother has been there for me ever since I was born and hasn’t left. She motivates me to do better and to be a better man. She challenges me to do better so that when I have kids one day they’ll have somebody to look up to.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Ian Book, QB, Notre Dame nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/ian-bo… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/GcqkZOF7Md
about 38 mins ago
- Fitchburg State Freshman football player Desmond Clayton shot and killed at the age of 19 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/desmon…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 44 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for November 23, 2020, Daily Workouts, Signings, & Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 49 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fitchburg State Freshman football player Desmond Clayton shot and killed at the age of 19… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago
- ICYMI:Draft Buzz: Catching up with Tennessee Volunteers, OT/OG Jerome Carvin nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/jerome… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago