Name: Javier Edwards
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- Houston, Texas. I love how diverse it is and the sports culture.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film study
- Strength & conditioning
- Film study is first because the game of football is 90% mental & studying yourself as well as your opponent can give you an edge in the game.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I really do not worry about much i control what i can control.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- A time when I failed would be in High school I did my best to get my grades together and ended up not being able to go division 1. I was down on myself but I went to Blinn and gave 110% on handling my business and doing the small things.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Khalil Tate
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I would be a coach or doing music
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- I would save my mother because she gave me life and she deserves to keep hers.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- I would like to be the hulk because he was one of my favorite characters going up.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- Biggest adversity would be going JUCO then going to Colorado and losing 60 pounds. I stayed focus and kept everything that would have a negative affect on me out.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Haven’t had one yet
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- My first college sack against UCLA
What song best describes your work ethic?
- 50 Cent Hustler Ambition
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Mental toughness.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My grandmother because she raised me growing up.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Jav’s Boom Boom room.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- Damon Harrison
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected because everyone is not going to like you and respect is one of the most important factors in life
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Don’t have one
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My mother because she is a great example of being a leader, working hard and never getting down on yourself and giving 100% effort no matter what it is.