The NFL Draft is just two days away, I am so pumped and after today’s trade with the Kansas City Chiefs and Seattle Seahawks I have been thinking of other players who could be traded on or before draft day. The draft is a very fun time for us the fans, but some players are not as happy. Some want new contracts, or are holding out because the team signed others at their position. Let’s talk about five players I could see being dealt on or before the NFL Draft.
Robbie Gould – The 49ers kicker wants to be closer to his family in Chicago, and this move just makes the most sense. It sounds like a power move by a kicker, but I could see it working. The Bears do not have a lot to trade in this year’s draft, but they need a kicker bad. The Bears have a 3rd, 4th, a 5th, and two 7ths. I wonder if they will trade a pick this year or a pick next year to land Gould back from the Niners.
Darron Lee – The Jets linebacker is not happy and he wants out. He has not shown up to voluntary workouts and he will likely be cut or traded. I could see a team giving the Jets a late-round pick for Lee. Lee makes sense to trade because the draft class in 2019 is horrible at the linebacker position. Lee might end up getting a better pick than expected. I could see the Bengals going QB in the first and trading a mid-round to late round pick for Lee.
Josh Rosen – The Arizona Cardinals are ruining the young gunslinger from UCLA. I think at this point they have to trade him. Rosen to the Dolphins makes to the most sense, but I would never rule out the Patriots. The Patriots are not dumb and they know when a team is about to break. Watch Bill Belichick pounce on the Cardinals at their weakest point. I see the Patriots landing Josh Rosen for the 64th pick in the draft.
Solomon Thomas – The 49ers have too many solid pass rushers and I feel they are going to add Nick Bosa. They already have DeForest Buckner, and Arik Armstead then they add Nick Bosa and Dee Ford. There is no room for Solomon Thomas. Thomas becomes expendable and I could see a team like the Bills or Giants who have a rack of picks trading for him. Both could use help off the edge.
Pat Elflein – The Vikings have Brett Jones and I could see the Jets calling up and offering a decent pick for Elfliein. Elflein was a player the Vikings loved and traded up for in the draft, but he is now in competition with Brett Jones. I think Elflein to the Jets makes too much sense after they missed out on Mitch Morse, Matt Paradis and lost Spencer Long as well.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Packers QB Aaron Rodgers shoots down the rumors that he wants to leave Green Bay nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/aaron-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 29 mins ago
- Buccaneers WR Scott Miller believes he can beat Tyreek Hill in a race nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/tyreek… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/pZJ3OcPDp4
about 38 mins ago
- 2021 3-Round NFL Mock Draft presented by @DraftGuyJimmy nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/mock-d… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/vdjZLT4vIq
about 49 mins ago
- That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Jarell White, LB/S, Cincinnati nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/jarell… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ZI8ghbCeyC
about 1 hour ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Andre Mintze, OLB, Vanderbilt nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/andre-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/SJMSqsjmUK
about 1 hour ago