• Name: Norvel “DJ” Stewart
• Height: 6’1
• Weight: 208
• Position: SS/FS/OLB/ST
• College: University Of Rhode Island
• Instagram: SoulTooLively
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Being from Hartford, Connecticut is like being from the poor parts of Florida and the rich parts in Beverly Hills of California. The most I love about Hartford is the opportunity to find ways in the struggle to grind hard.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
Film Study – Knowledge is the key to success.
Strength and Conditioning – Once you have the knowledge you’ll be able to strengthen what you need to fix.
Practice – Practice is where you perfect what you’ve learned and conditioned for.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about failure, because I want to be great.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• The first time I ever failed, was the first time I tried out for the youth football team and got cut. I felt confused and angry. So, I continued to play football in the streets with the older guys and tried out again the following year. I ended up making the team.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• For the game, I would say tackling and my passion to win.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I’m not sure, there are a lot of good players.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• A CEO of a business.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• My room, I make my bed every morning.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I’m saving everyone, even if I had to die.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Truthfully, I would be me. I treat people right, I give back to others, and I work hard.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• I lost five of my closest friends, Jamar, Mike, Hakeem, Murph, and Leo. I honor them til this day. I keep their name alive by telling my story to others. I also tattooed their jersey numbers which gave me an extra push.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• In 5th grade, I was in a poetry contest when it was time for me to read my poem I ran off the stage!
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The very last game of my college football career when I caught the game-winning interception to seal the game.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Juicy – Notorious BIG
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• If I can’t bring back everyone, what’s the point?
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Energy
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Julian Stanford and Marcus Cooper.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because If I die, I know I’ve helped and given opportunities to a lot of lives.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• The “ Flash “ Josh Gordon because he is elite as an athlete.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love winning.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• Muhammad Ali and Frances Vagias. I really like how Muhamad carried himself, treated people, his dominance in the boxing ring, and the way he spoke. He influenced me on the different ways to go about life and in a sports aspect of how hard I have to work. Frances is the CEO of her own restaurant “Water Side Restaurant & Catering”. Outside of football, she influences me to be a good person and businessman.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Breaking: Veteran safety Jahleel Addae is expected to sign with the Chargers practice squad… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 20 mins ago
- ICYMI:Chargers QB Tyrod Taylor suffered a punctured lung from the team doctor nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/tyrod-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 21 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for September 23, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts and Daily Workouts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Power Rankings: Week 3 Edition nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-po… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/YyuyupFgIx
about 36 mins ago
- Did You See This:That Sports Guy’s Week 3 Fantasy Football Rankings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/week-3… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/7pfNfXbzAN
about 44 mins ago