Name: Deion Hallmon
• Height: 5’10.5
• Position: CB
• College: University of Central Oklahoma
• Twitter: @HallmonDeion
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is Miami, Fl., but I moved to Weston, Fl. What I love about both of them is that the communities are very involved with the youth. Moving to Broward county just showed me something that I really want not for myself but for my family one day.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study– No two players are alike and we are all creatures of habit. You can learn a lot by observing your opponent and you can also learn how to out strategize them. A great learning tool.
Practice: You have to practice to test your abilities and to develop chemistry with your teammates. Practice is important for preparation.
Strength and Conditioning: You have to be in shape to play this sport. This ongoing maintenance is important to be in your best shape to play the sport and it promotes good health.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I don’t have a worrying spirit. I take it to God and leave it there?
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed a class and I was disappointed. I spoke to the instructor and she told me to take it again next semester and she showed me how to improve my study habits. I overcame failure by trying again and ended up with an A.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates say my best quality is my ability to analyze and read the offense and my quick feet and also how aggressive I am.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I would say, Kenny Golladay. Going up against him my freshmen year while he was in his prime help me to be the aggressive corner that I am today. One of the best WR ever. Every day he came to compete and I love that because he saw greatness in me and he wanted to push me to get me ready. Now my bro balling for the lions.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be in Market Research conducting focus groups for Athletic companies.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean a room first.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save one family member because I know my family would be counting on me. At the end of the day, the family is all you got.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Maximus from the movie “ Gladiator”. Maximus epitomized loyalty and the importance of working together and he stood true to the things he loved. When he was an enslaved fighter, he requested to have “his men” released he didn’t refer to them as slaves. Maximus earned his Respect and was a true soldier.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life was trying to manage Football. School, practice, classes, studying, doing classwork, and game time while having a toddler at home with me. I overcame it by reaching out for support to help me. With a support system, it made things better.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was being in a play in junior high and forgetting my lines in front of everybody.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My first collegiate start where I clamped up their WR the whole game and 3 PBU’s
What song best describes your work ethic?
• One way by La’ Jose” my book bag was a pillow on that cold floor”
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Physical. At this level you need to be physical
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• It would be my grandmother because I miss her and she made everybody laugh. Just coming home to seeing her smile was all we looked forward to.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Happy Feet
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Matt Dayes, best running back in my eyes that’s going to do everything positive on & off the field. Best feet in the league and best vision by far.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected; respect takes you further in life. I don’t care if someone doesn’t like me just respect me
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Adrian Peterson, because he thought he was doing no harm with his discipline since he came from the “spanking with switches generation”.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• The biggest influence on my life has been my mother because of her guidance and ability to see the good in the toughest situations. Just seeing her smile through adversity taught me to always keep pushing with a smile on my face and never let the enemy know I’m beaten.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Seahawks executive Scott Fitterer hired as Carolina Panthers GM nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/scott-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- ICYMI:New York Jets hire Mike LaFleur as new offensive coordinator nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/mike-l… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/oA3j513F9B
about 33 mins ago
- ICYMI:49ers are promoting Mike McDaniel as OC and DeMeco Ryans as DC nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/49ers-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/cfGLKD226i
about 38 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for January 15, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 52 mins ago
- Did You See This:Broncos pass rusher Von Miller is under a criminal investigation nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/von-mi… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago