• Name: Darrion Dillard
• Height: 6’4”
• Weight: 205
• Position: Wide Receiver
• College: Ottawa University
• Twitter: @___Rion3
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• St. Louis, MO. I have a love and hate relationship with my city. Family and friends are there, I love our style, culture, and food. The overall prideful ways the people in the city show has become an inspiration for me as well. We can talk amongst ourselves negatively about our city, but outsiders aren’t allowed the same luxury. That has been the motto we’ve gone by for a long time.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study, Practice, then Strength and Conditioning. Film Study would give me a direct pathway of what I need to do and the way to fix it. The practice would come next because of repetition. I’d have to practice regardless of what knowledge I’ve studied from watching the film, so that’ll be second. Strength and Conditioning would come last in my opinion but it’s extremely important. Staying in the best shape possible and maximizing strength translates to the actual game.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I strive not to worry about anything, and I’ve decided to put my faith in the man above and know everything happens for a reason. I just work hard, and make as many ethical decisions as possible.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I’ve failed at remaining healthy one season, failed at earning a roster spot, and doing what I needed to do to be eligible. The one thing I’ve done to overcome these things was adopting patience. Knowing to let things unfold like they were meant to, and wait for my time to rise. Patience is key though.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Throughout my time as another guys teammate, my most frequent quality mentioned to me is my way of leading by example. Not just talking about what needs to be done on the field but actually going out and showing it.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Cody Brown, he’s a current player for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Went to Independence Community College with him.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I’d become a sports social media personality, most likely in the public relations field. I’m a pretty good basketball player too, I think I’d be able to play overseas.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room first, have to clean it before leaving the house, car because I judge people with dirty cars. Can’t be a hypocrite. And then my desk, that’s my snack and laptop area so that wouldn’t need to be organized as much.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I’d save my family member, I’d mourn more over my family member being gone than anything. Especially if I’m close with them.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Denzel Washington or Will Smith. Those two guys can play any role asked of them.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My junior year of college fracturing my elbow. I wanted to call it quits. I’ve been through redshirting, eligibility issues, and losing roster spots. That was the last straw in my mind. After considerations, I stuck it out and it was the best decision I could make. I became an All American.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Having a competitive cursing match with my older cousin and we both didn’t notice my mother was standing behind me. I was so shocked and embarrassed and she just laughed and told us to stop being bad.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The last touchdown of my college career. Breaking the school record for touchdowns in a season. (22)
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Dj Khaled- Go Hard ft. Kanye West & T-Pain
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Mental toughness, I’ve taught myself to take constructive criticism and endure adversity.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandmother, she was my best friend, I could talk to her about anything as a kid.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• St. Louis Jig
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Larry Fitzgerald, he can run any route in the book, smart, and has longevity.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, everyone has an opinion on you, some logical and some not. But if they have the respect I’m fine with that.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon, I find myself cheering for him to get on the right path. Every incident disappoints me.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose, I’m super competitive and I’m my biggest critic when it comes to losing or underachieving.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
LeBron James, he endures the most haters, no off the court issues, and he respects the game. I put that into my mindset and everyday life. He’s a good role model, gives back for his community, and he uses his platform to spread a message. I aspire to be similar to the person that he is one day.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Trey Songz arrested for fighting a police officer at Chiefs game (VIDEO) nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/trey-s… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/aHfgDItcXj
about 1 hour ago
- That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Shemar Jean-Charles, DB, Appalachian State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/shemar… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/WMwa2u8is1
about 2 hours ago
- Getting to Know NFL Draft Prospect: Nick Broeker, LT, Ole Miss nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nick-b… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ZTOvrm1yRL
about 2 hours ago
- Fantasy Doctors: DeVonta Smith surgery update | Heisman winner needed two surgeries on his hand… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- NFLHeads Draft Prospect Interview: Jeremy Bell, CB, University of Charleston nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/jeremy… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago