- Name: Damarius Brinson Jr.
- Position: DB
- Height: 6010
- Weight: 190
- School: University of West Florida/NIU
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I’m from the St. Petersburg-Tampa Bay area and what I like most about it, is that it’s a city of grinders and hard workers you have to earn your keep.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and conditioning would be first because you have to be in optimal shape to compete at the highest levels against the best athletes in the world. Film study would be second because you really have to master the mental part of the game to complete the marriage of the physical and mental aspect of the game. The practice would be third but no less important because repetition is the mother of skill.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I’m a great teammate and I’m a dog..
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I played against a lot of great players but off the top of my head, I would have to say Corey Davis of the Tennessee Titans, and Kenny Golladay of the Detroit Lions who was a teammate of mine that I had to match up against in practice.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be a Social Worker.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• I clean my room first then my car, I don’t have a desk yet lol
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• All things being honest, family means the world to me and I was raised to be of service so I would probably try to save everyone because I can accept failure but I can’t accept not trying.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I got two I would either be Flash or Black Panther. Flash because I’ve always been proud of being fast and Flash’s speed would help me accel in any sport. Black Panther because his character is just iconic to me and Id love to be the King of Wakanda even though it doesn’t exist the thought of the place is still pleasing.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• I can’t single out one particular play because playing collegiate football has been such a blessing to my life, an honor, and privilege so I would have to say the whole experience was memorable.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Future- Last Breath
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Nana because she was the most special person In my life while she was here.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Bottoms up
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I will rather be respected because it means your peers, family or whoever holds you in high esteem and they appreciate, admire and value your contributions. Being liked doesn’t necessarily hold any intrinsic value.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I answer this question from a humble and respectful position when I say I empathize but not sympathize with anyone who has had their career derailed due to off-field issues but at some point we must be accountable for our actions and don’t be afraid or ashamed to ask for help if we need it. Football is a privilege and there’s no one person bigger than the game.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Both, I love to win but I hate to lose even more.