• Name: Chris Turner
• Height: 6-2.5
• Weight: 170
• Position: CB
• College: Liberty University (2014-2017), University of Charleston, WV (2018)
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- My home town is Columbia, South Carolina. It’s like most cities – it has its good areas and bad areas. I love Columbia because of the family and friends I have there and because of the lessons it taught me growing up.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Practice is most important because it where you develop good habits and get in “football shape.” It is also where you build team chemistry.
- Film Study is next because I feel like it is critical to understand not just what your assignment is, you must also understand why you have that assignment and how your assignment fits into the overall scheme. The film also allows you to learn about your opponent and monitor your own performance.
- Strength and Conditioning – While being strong and in shape is very important, you don’t have to be a bodybuilder to be a good football player.
What do you worry about, and why?
- My daughter because I want to provide for her.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- Getting removed from Liberty University for a stupid mistake I made. I was heartbroken and let a lot of people down, but I never gave up on my goals and dreams. I pushed forward and was able to play my senior season and also graduate.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My athleticism
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- My former teammate at Liberty, Antonio Gandy Golden (AGG)
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I would want to be a Coach
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- My family member because I would be acting on instinct.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Thor because he has his family and friends’ back no matter what.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- My biggest adversity was getting removed from Liberty University. I overcame the situation by learning from my mistake, working harder and staying positive.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- I honestly can’t think of one.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- My pick-6 against Baylor in 2017 (we went on to win the game).
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Derez De’shon – Hercules
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Mental Toughness
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- Richard Night Train Lane because he is the all-time intercepting leader and I would want to get tips from him.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Turner’s Palace
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- Geno Atkins
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected because it is more important that people respect you as a person for the decisions you make and why you made them, as well as the way you conduct yourself.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- I would have to say, Josh Gordon. I don’t know the details of his situation, but addiction can be a disease for some people.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- I have to mention two: The first would be my coach from High School, Coach “E.” He always pushed me to be the best I could be and never gave up on me like a lot of people did. The second is my Dad. He is always there for me, always supports me and always believes in me no matter what.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Jason Garrett, Dan Snyder, and painful dummies (Future is Now Podcast) ift.tt/2GnfQku
about 2 hours ago via IFTTT
- Meet Model Elisha Herbert, Shaq is at Tomorrowland Living His Best Life & Henrik Stenson goes full Bo Jackson ift.tt/2LxFK9l
about 8 hours ago via IFTTT
- Francisco Lindor Calls for MLB to Extend Netting after He Hit a 3-year-old Boy in the Head With a Foul Ball ift.tt/2YjJgdh
about 12 hours ago via IFTTT