• Name: Airric Parker
• Height: 5090
• Weight: 190
• Position: DB
• College: Ouachita Baptist University
• Twitter: @AirricThePoet
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I was born and raised in San Diego, California. What I love most about it is the weather.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice, film study, strength and conditioning. I put practice first because practicing and getting repititions is the best way to prepare for a game. I put film study second because it gives you the opportunity to be a step ahead of your opponent by watching their game film as well as your practice and/or previous game film. I put strength and conditioning last not because I don’t think it’s important, but because I know some people that are very good without the best strength and conditioning.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Although it’s natural to worry about things, I’m a firm believer in “everything happens for a reason”. With that being said, I don’t worry much.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• At the beginning of spring ball in 2018, I was struggling to power clean 225. I had to deal with the embarrassment of being in the weight room and not being able to rep it like my teammates. All that did was motivate me. By the end of spring ball I was able to rep 225. That’s a credit to our strength and conditioning coach Jackson Guerra as well as my hard work and dedication.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Leadership and play recognition.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I’ve played against in college is Kris Oliver. The RB on my team.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football I would be a personal trainer. I’ve always wanted to influence others and I love working out and seeing results.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I’m cleaning my room first because that’s where my day starts and that’s where it ends. I like to come home to a clean room.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I’m choosing my one family member because family is everything to me. I’m very loyal to my family. It’s all I have in this world.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Martin Payne from an old sitcom called ‘Martin’. It’s my favorite show. Not only does he have lifelong friends but him and his soulmate shared a love that I idolize.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Overcoming my ACL surgery is the biggest adversity I have had to overcome. Right after I tore it, my JuCo coach Brett Hudson told me it was a blessing in disguise. After he told me that I never looked back. Like I stated before, I’m a firm believer in “everything happens for a reason”. Of course there were tough times during my road to recovery but I always had the end in mind. Which was to be back better than ever. The next two years I was able to be apart of back to back conference championship teams. My senior year I was voted team captain, 1st team all-conference and 2nd team all-super region 3.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was being “Mossed” my sophomore year of high school.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable play is coming off the edge putting a 6’2 235 lbs. TE on his butt, getting passed another blocker, then catching the pic in the endzone for 6! It’s on my twitter page, go check it out!
What song best describes your work ethic?
• ‘Grinding All My Life’ by Nipsey Hussle… May he Rest In Peace.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• It’s cliche but I believe dedication has to be instilled in you to be successful at the next level.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Although I do want to bring back someone from the top of my family tree from the slavery days, that would be selfish. I would rather bring back someone that had an impact on not only me but the world. I would bring back Martin Luther King, Jr.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Jalen Davis, DB for the Miami Dolphins
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would definitely rather be respected than liked. I was raised to be respectful. I treat others with respect so I want the same in return. I don’t care if you like me or not.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Reggie Bush because he gave his blood, sweat and tears to USC and can’t even step foot on campus now.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• Growing up I watched my parents work multiple jobs at once or long shifts. So they kind of instilled hard work in me. But I’m blessed enough to have all four of my grandparents in my life as well as my uncles. I look up to all of them. They have all influenced my life because every one of them have shown me the ropes to this thing called life. I am a product of all of them.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Pittsburgh Steelers sign QB Dwayne Haskins nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/dwayne… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/VWmsZW1tPP
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for January 21, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:Raheem Morris hired as Rams’ defensive coordinator nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/raheem… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/VhBGWU4yxZ
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:Lions hire Aaron Glenn as their new defensive coordinator nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/aaron-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Y3BaDJCxxr
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:NFL Draft Big Board: Top 400 plus prospects in the 2021 NFL Draft presented by Draft Diamonds… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago