• Name: Zach Esau
• Height: 6’0”
• Weight: 240LBS
• Position: Long Snapper
• College: Manitoba
• Twitter: @Zachesau_42
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Winnipeg, Manitoba. It’s a very welcoming city. The people are very friendly.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and conditioning would be first because if your body is ready to perform at the highest level then you can’t play the game. Second would be film study. I am a firm believer of knowing your opponent before the game. Knowing where they’re wanting to go before the play starts is a massive advantage. And last but not least is practice because it’s the final preparation for the game. Your strength and conditioning is looked after, you know what your opponent is doing from film study and now it’s practice to put it altogether and get a win.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about letting people down who have put their trust in me. I hold myself to a high standard and I don’t let people down but that’s what I worry about the most.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• An example of when I failed was when I was a freshman in college and didn’t win the starting job. I was upset but I didn’t look at it as a failure. I looked at it as an opportunity to grow. That season I worked very hard on the field, weight room and in the classroom and the next season I won the starting snapping spot.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• They would say that I’m a leader. I am a team player who always puts the team before me. I am a great locker room guy that is friends with everybody.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Probably Marcus Davis from UBC. He was their punt return man and he was very fast and quick.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would definitely look into being a first responder. Either a paramedic, firefighter or a police officer.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• First would be my room. It’s a place where I go to relax and clear my head and it has to be clean. Second would be my car because I spend quite a bit of time in there and last would be my desk.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save my family member. Family is a very big thing for me. But if I wasn’t playing football the first responder in me would try to save everyone.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I love watching The Office. So probably someone from there. It just looks like such a fun and entertaining place to work.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity was when I was 14 years old and had to have heart surgery and was told after I would never play football again. I was crushed but I never quit on anything so I worked very hard to get back into playing shape and did all the right things my doctors where telling me and I was able to play that next season and continue to play.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• In high school I was playing linebacker and it was week 1 of the season so all the school was at the game. I got an interception and was running with no one around me and tripped on the 5 yard line and fell down. But I made up for it later when I got another interception and scored.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Probably making the first tackle in my first collegiate start. There was a lot of people saying my cover on punt wasn’t good enough so it was nice to silence the naysayers and show that I can cover well down field.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• It’s a classic but Till I Collapse by Eminem.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Work ethic. Always having to out work your opponent in the weight room, film room and of course on the field.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Definitely my Grandpa. He passed away before I was born from cancer but from the stories I’ve heard about him, he seemed like a pretty amazing guy.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• I’ve never been to a club or have any interest in going so I’m not too sure about a name.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Being a long Snapper myself, I’d have to say all the long snappers. The job is difficult and no one knows who the snapper is till he messes up. That’s quite a bit of pressure.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. Anybody can be liked but if you’re respected then you’ve done something right.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I’d probably have to say Johnny Manziel. I didn’t feel for him when he was playing with the Browns and making the wrong decisions. But when he was getting clean and working hard to get back into shape. I believe in second chances and he’s putting in the work to get where he once was and he understands his mistakes now. I’m pulling for him.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• Definitely my parents. They work very hard to support me. They have been in my corner from day 1 and have instilled in me that nothing comes easy. I have to go out and work hard for what I want.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Transactions for January 21, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 34 mins ago
- Getting to Know: Jacob Roberts, LB, North Carolina A&T nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/jacob-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/HStI2Oddox
about 3 hours ago
- Post Retirement Review: Philip Rivers, Quarterback nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/philip… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/kp4su0Kbqx
about 3 hours ago
- Marty Hurney expected to be the new Washington Football Team’s GM nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/marty-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/EJpsimDB0n
about 3 hours ago
- Doug Marrone to become O-Line Coach at Alabama nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/doug-m… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/rrUj81mV7J
about 3 hours ago