• Name: Tony Andrews
• Height: 5100
• Weight: 178
• Position: CB
• College: Eastern New Mexico University
• Twitter: @Tony2__
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Cleveland, OH where nothing in the city is given everything is earned. What I love most about Cleveland is that the people stand out more than any city. Cleveland people also know how to adapt quick and are not uncomfortable with change because we have seen it all.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study, practice, strength and conditioning. Film study is first because what’s on the film doesn’t lie. When studying opponents and even critiquing myself, you must see what tendencies are being put on film in order to improve as a player. Second is practice because what is seen in film study must translate to the field. Practice is where those mistakes are being corrected so when game day approaches you are well prepared. Third is strength and conditioning because in order to perform you must be in shape. Though I have it last doesn’t mean it’s less important all three are linked together to be a successful football player. Being in shape and ready to perform is a must to do your job 100%
What do you worry about, and why?
• Family because I’m big on that. If something was to happen to my family that’s something I take seriously.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My freshmen year of high school I had failed my honors history course and this was the first time I’ve ever failed a class. I didn’t know how to react when I had to go to summer school. But instead of going around being mad about a mistake that was my fault I made sure it wasn’t going to happen again. Every year after that I made merit and honor roll to make up for that mistake.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Jason Vander Laan from Ferris State University
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Something in the communication field. I love to help others and plan on having my own non profit organization.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I’ll save the three strangers because that can change my life and theirs dramatically for good. Though I may not know who the strangers are and what they are capable of, I feel that this deed can be one step into improving society.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• The movie character I would want to be is Bane from Batman. I did a project on him in college and I felt that his character matches my persona that it doesn’t matter who’s in front of me I’m going to get past any obstacle with no remorse.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity was my junior year of college when I was almost ineligible to play that upcoming season. My coach called me and told me I was 6 credits behind and if I didn’t handle it I wouldn’t be able to play. At the time of the call it was 3 weeks until fall camp. I ended up meeting with my advisor to schedule 2 summer courses and God blesses me with two professors who was willing to help me. I received 2 A’s in those courses and was eligible to play that season.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• 7th grade I was playing for my middle school basketball team in one game I air balled twice. The first time was at the free throw line and this wasn’t the traditional air ball, the ball hit the top of the backboard. The second time was a 3 pointer that hit the top of the backboard and went out of bounds. The entire gym roasted me.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• September 27th, 2014, Housing the opening kick off against Grand Valley State university and seeing 26,000 fans quiet.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• I Get The Bag- Gucci Mane ft Migos
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My brother Jerryine. Our relationship was becoming stronger from when we first met and had the potential to get way stronger.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• William Jackson III
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because people can like you but not respect you.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon. I understand he has a history of making bad decisions but he is trying to do better and is making sure his mental health is stable to perform at the highest level.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My older brother because he’s the one who I can ask for advice and get that honest answer.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Jason Garrett, Dan Snyder, and painful dummies (Future is Now Podcast) ift.tt/2GnfQku
about 2 hours ago via IFTTT
- Meet Model Elisha Herbert, Shaq is at Tomorrowland Living His Best Life & Henrik Stenson goes full Bo Jackson ift.tt/2LxFK9l
about 7 hours ago via IFTTT
- Francisco Lindor Calls for MLB to Extend Netting after He Hit a 3-year-old Boy in the Head With a Foul Ball ift.tt/2YjJgdh
about 12 hours ago via IFTTT