Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Lorton VA, located in Northern Virginia south of D.C. What I love most about it is the people.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice, Film study, Strength and conditioning
Practice is at the top of my list because this is where you bring everything together and get all your challenges done before you play the game. I am a firm believer that practice makes perfect.
Film study because you have to get to know your opponent. Knowing what steps to take to put yourself in a better position.
Although I take strength and conditioning very seriously I think its third on this list.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about being the best role model I can be for my brothers. I want them to look at me and think that hard work can achieve anything. Also, that they can come to me for anything in life.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My senior year of high school we were undefeated up to the state semi final game where we suffered our first lost. I was heart broken from this knowing that I never would be able to be a state champ. From then on I dedicated my time to become a effective collegiate athlete. As a true freshman I came in and secured a starting position on the defensive line.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say my best quality is my work ethic. I push the people around me and myself day in and day out in order to be great.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Mark Jones running back from Ganon university. He was an elite running back that had the whole package.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would like to be a manager/owner of a car dealership business in Virginia
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would chose my family reason being I was raised on a family comes first mentality.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Superman because he is invincible
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• When my father got diagnosed with cancer for the second time. This was one of the hardest things to overcome for me and my family. It was difficult to understand why the cancer came back. As a junior in highschool I had felt like in some way or some how I was responsible but my family was there for my dad and helped him overcome the cancer together.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Pissing on myself in the 3rd grade
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Now that I am a junior up to this point I would say is our game against Lincoln University the Quarter back was rolling outside of the pocket and once he set his feet I got a hit on him sending his helmet off to the backfield.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Last breath- Future
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• In my mind Instinct of getting off blocks.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Laween, One of my childhood best friends that I lost in a car crash back in 2015.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Jon Allen for the Washington Redskins
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected reason being respect is one of the most important attributes for a person.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• None really come up to me in my mind I know a lot of people face many challenges off the field everyday.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose. I come from a winning background so when it comes to losing I dread it but learn from it at the end of the day.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My father reason being is I have never seen someone work so hard to provide for their family. He does nothing for himself and works every single day for my brothers and me, I hope to be at least half the man he is. He is my hero.
NFL Draft Diamonds was created to assist the underdogs playing the sport. We call them diamonds in the rough. My name is Damond Talbot, I have worked extremely hard to help hundreds of small school players over the past several years, and will continue my mission. We have several contributors on this site, and if they contribute their name and contact will be in the piece above. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org