- Name: Pete Swenson
- Height: 6’2’’
- Weight: 240
- Position: Edge/ OLB
- College: Western Illinois University
- Twitter: @ZPSWENSON
Tellus about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Clear Lake, Iowa. The thing I love most about Clear Lake is the summer time,hanging out on the lake with friends especially around the 4th of July.
Listthese three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength andConditioning and Practice?
• Practice,Film Study, then Strength and Conditioning
I believe practice andfilm study are incredibly important and could be interchangeable on this list.Practice and film study are two crucial parts of preparation going into a game.Strength and conditioning are important but this is obviously something youshould be taking care of 24/7 365.
Whatdo you worry about, and why?
• I try to take care of everything in my preparation so I can play as clear-minded as possible. I have dreams of being a coach someday so I’m always in their office trying to learn anything I can that will help us win.
Giveme an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how didyou overcome failure?
• An example of failure I experienced was losingour last game this season. I tried my best to keep my spirits high and keep myteammates from hanging their heads as well. As bad as a loss can be it couldalways be worse.
Whatdo your teammates say is your best quality?
• Probably my preparation going into a game. I realized the more you know beforeyou take the field the more confident you can play and not worry about making amistake.
Whois the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Dallas Goedert TE from South Dakota State University was a freak. My sophomoreyear while he was a junior he had 4 touchdowns against us. He is currently onthe Eagles.
Whatwould your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Iwould have joined the military after high school. Most likely the Marines.
Room,desk, and car – which do you clean first?
Ifthere was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one familymember, which would you choose and why?
• This is a very hard question but I would have to go with a family member. My family is everything to me.
Ifyou could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would probably pick Indiana Jones. He would have the best stories and is always traveling, discovering new things.
Tellme about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcomeit?
• One of the most adverse things I went through was losing my grandpa before myfreshman year. I just used it as motivation and pictured him watching me fromabove.
Whatis your most embarrassing moment?
• One of my most embarrassing moment was when I fell off the back of the standsduring a school play in the 3rd grade.
Whatwas the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Probably would have to say when I was a freshman I recorded a sack on the lastplay of overtime to seal a win that got us into the playoffs.
Whatsong best describes your work ethic?
• Can’tbe broken lil wayne.
Whatis the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help yousucceed at the next level?
• Work Ethic
Ifyou could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be andwhy?
• Jesus.Would love to sit and talk with him.
Ifyou were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Whois the most overrated player in the NFL?
• I really don’t think anyone in the league is overrated, they probably wouldn’tbe in the league if they were.
Wouldyou rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected for sure, I’m not concerned with anyone liking me or not as long asthey respect me.
Whatplayer who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the mostand why?
• Bo Jackson. I would have loved to see him have a full career. He was simply afreak athlete.
Doyou love to win, or hate to lose?
• Love to win.
Whohas been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
Myparents, they raised me to not act like you are better than anyone and toalways try your best no matter what.