The Orlando Apollos were the only unbeaten team remaining in the AAF, and that was because Garrett Gilbert the teams quarterback and the defense of the Apollos were amazing. The Apollos struggled heavily getting after the quarterback in week 6. This was something they did very well coming into week 6.
The Apollos did not have Earl Okine and several other players on their defense. To make matters worse, their best linebacker was ejected for an open hand push, and he was ejected. He should not have been ejected but he was, and to make matters worse, the Apollos could not stop the run.
Arizona Hotshots running back Tim Cook was shredding up the Apollos defense. Late in the fourth quarter, Orlando came back to take the lead with Jalin Marshall scoring and Akeem Hunt catching a pass to convert the two-point conversion. The Apollos led 17-14 and with 5:17 seconds left in the game, the Apollos committed a stupid penalty in the end zone and Jhurell Pressley ran the ball in taking the lead. The Hotshots hit the two-point conversion as well and took the lead 22-17.
With 2:00 minutes in the game Garrett Gilbert was stripped and the Hotshots recovered the ball. The Apollos would get the ball back with 1:02 remaining, and they made the most of it. They went all the way down the field and with 04 seconds left within their own ten-yard line they ran up to the field to spike the ball and they went off-sides. It caused a ten second run-off and they ended up losing the game.
The Apollos may have lost but their fans were amazing. They were loud all
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- This is what people need to see. This is why it is important. These players need to be repping the @CGSAllStar beca… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 24 mins ago
- Man I wish I was there this year. Work calls.... twitter.com/seniorbowl/sta…
about 26 mins ago
- I am not knocking that players are waiting on the Senior Bowl, shoot @JimNagy_SB is a legend. That is the best game… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 30 mins ago
- THIS twitter.com/DraftUtopia/st…
about 33 mins ago
- Last Chance:Colts QB Philip Rivers has retired from the NFL, he will now coach a high school team in Alabama… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 37 mins ago