• Name: Mykel Traylor-Bennett
• Height: 6040
• Weight: 220
• Position: WR/TE/Hybrid
• College: University of Akron
• Twitter: @Mr_Football10
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is Columbus Ohio I was born and raised in East Columbus. It’s a beautiful city but most importantly The thing I love about my city is how it’s a challenge to make it out. Some people would probably be like why would you love it for that. I love challenges I love to beat the odds I love to be different if you tell me I can’t do something I’m going to figure out a way to do so.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film study- Film study is major and if you want to elevate your game to be the best player possible film is something you have to buy into 100 percent. When you get to the professional level it’s not so much of how good you are as an athlete it’s more so about what you know!
- Strength and conditioning- It’s very important it helps you to prevent injury. Being physical is very important in the game of football and the weight room is a very important factor to be able to be physical
- Practice- If you want to be GREAT you have to practice like it. Growing up coaches always told me “you practice how you play” so you have to approach practice like it’s a game
everyday. Practice is the hard part the game should come easy because of you preparing very hard the week leading up to the game. Practice is where you work on your weaknesses to make them your strengths. You gain connectionwith your teammates you gain chemistry so practice is very important.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I try not to worry about anything was told by my great strength coach “ control what you can control “ and everything else will take care of itself. So everyday I wake up it’s to better myself on the things I can control to be positive and to attack the day
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed a class called humanities my junior year and instead of being mad at the teacher saying she was the reason I failed I looked myself in the mirror knowing I didn’t prepare correctly. To overcome that failure I retook the class and I approached it the correct way. I took extra hours to study the content getting together with classmates that knew the content and just spent valuable time studying it. I passed the second time with a B Grade that just goes to show you with the game of football or just life, in general, the results you get depend on the investment you put into it.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say my best quality is my mentality and work ethic. Adversity fuels me to go harder any task at hand big or small I’m going to attack it and conquer the task at hand until I conquer.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I’ve ever played against I would have to say was Saquon Barkley. Much respect for him he is a great football player
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football I will be an athletic trainer/coach or like an positive mentor to guide the youth man. I’ve gained so much knowledge and became so much stronger after my experience it’s only right that I give back. All these kids need nowadays man is support and motivation a lot lack that. So reaching out and changing lives is something I will make happen.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• My room has to be clean that’s how your start your day off good . That’s where you sleep my mom and dad Stayed on me about that.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would have to say my family member is the person I would save. They are my loved ones it would hurt me to see something happen to somebody in my family.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• A movie character I would want to be is Creed. He had the resilient mindset that I have he had the work ethic to be great man. When he took losses he took it like a man and bounced back stronger than he was before. He did whatever it took to become great and thats how I am.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Tearing my ACL was the biggest adversity in my life. It humbled me it made me have a different type of love for the game man. Coaches always say take advantage of the day tomorrow isn’t promised. Can honestly say that “used” to go in one ear out the other. Me tearing my ACL was nothing but God man it brought me closer to him to understand without him I will not have any success. I dealt with it with a positive mindset literally every day knowing God had a plan and I still had to be the leader I was to my teammates. I play this game for a bigger purpose than myself. I never felt sorry for myself and used that time to grow and to show people adversity only makes you and that you CAN’T be stopped with God
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment is when I couldn’t change my daughter’s diaper when she was first born
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play of my college career was scoring the game-winning touchdown against our rivals Kent State.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• The song that
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The most important trait to be successful at the next level I would say is Non-physical. Meaning you have to have a strong mentality and a positive mindset to survive.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• If I could bring one person back from the day it would have to be my grandma Martha Traylor. I say that because she held me to a standard she stayed on me and always gave me positive advice that will help me prosper as a man and father.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• I would name my dance club good vibes. Ha I’m all about great energy and positive vibes it’s great to be around
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• The most underrated player in the NFL I would say is Julian Edelman. He plays hard he does a lot of dirty work that people wouldn’t want to do and I think because he isn’t flashy he isn’t talked about like he should.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected and liked. Being respected holds way more value than somebody just liking me you know. I respect and have more love for people that have a standard and never lower the bar. That’s greatness and that’s what I’m all about.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I would have to say Josh Gordon because of his drug problem . He is a great athlete and player I know once he gets everything together he will be the great player I know he can be and everyone else knows he can be.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win I’ll do whatever it takes to win that’s why I play the game I’m competitive. Losing isn’t negative you need to have losses to grow it’s all about never being content and losing helps you to keep working.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My daughter La’Niya has been my biggest influence in my life. She made me realize life and the reason I play this game is way bigger than me. There were times I wanted to give up going through my hard times and just knowing I have a beautiful daughter like her kept me going.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Draft Buzz: Catching up with Middle Tennessee WR C.J. Windham nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/c-j-wi… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/HEROe86ouK
about 24 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/rondal… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/cnGpHp42Ft
about 26 mins ago
- TNF Fantasy Preview: Washington Football Team vs. Dallas Cowboys ift.tt/37bhxOb
about 39 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: David Montgomery Injury Update, Is he playing week 12? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/david-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 45 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Cameron Sample, DT, Tulane University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/camero… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 45 mins ago