• Name: Malik Clements
• Height: 6’0
• Weight: 210
• Position: Safety/Linebacker
• College: University of Cincinnati
• Twitter: Don’t have one. IG:Groovym_4
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Danville VA, is a small city filled with chance and choice, one wrong move from losing it all. I love the people in the city, because everyone supports each other and wants each other to succeed.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice-Is the most important step because the more repetition you get the more you are confident once game time is around. Also I know this may be cliche but hard work beats talent anyday.
Strength and Conditioning- In my opinion this falls in the same category as practice because you are training the body to compete on game-day.
Film Study- I feel this is second to practice because film tells you a lot. It shows you teams tendencies base on personnel and formation. So once you recognize something you seen on film you can react faster rather than being out there guessing on what the team is ready to do.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about not living up to expectations I have for myself. I have put in hours of work throughout my years of life and not being successful would be an disappointment.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I once failed to live up to my expectations on the field one year and ultimately led to me getting benched. Instead of dwelling on the situation and getting down on myself. I found ways to stay focus at the task at hand and got back on that field and produced.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
My work ethic, my teammates know the work I put into this and this gives them trust and confidence in me to get my job done on game days.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Anthony Miller
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family member. When you are considered family you mean the world to me.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Scarface, he’s a savage.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• It has to be when I changed clothes after gym class, and I had put my pants on backwards and didn’t notice until I walked on stage for a school function and everyone started laughing.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Game winning pic six my junior year.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Future-Last Breath
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
Passion, intelligence and patience.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Club Groovy
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Malcolm Jenkins
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, I feel like at the end of the day I can never get everyone to like me but if people can respect me and what I do, they might learn to like me.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• Mother, she raise me as a single parent half of my life and the adversity that she has pushed through motivates me to succeed in life. She is the big reason who I am today.