•Name: Jaymar Anderson
•College: East Stroudsburg University
• Twitter: @andersonjaymar
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Philadelphia, when I’m in the city I spend most of my time in the Germantown area. It’s a lot to love about my city, my favorite would have to be summer night hanging with friends.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study is the most important, I say that because watching film gives you the opportunity to study your opponent, and also allows you to see other ways to be a better player. Strength and conditioning comes next. In order to compete at the highest level your body needs proper training. Practice is last, but is very important. What’s being discussed in film study will translate to the field. Practice is where things get corrected, and get you ready for game day.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Only thing I worry about is setting a future for my children.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I’m always smiling no matter how bad my day is
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Bill Inge lll
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I have my degree in business management with that I will be self employed. I also want to give back to youth football
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save the three strangers, I don’t think one life should be saved over three
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Black Panther, just the thought of being able to save my people
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• The biggest adversity in my life would have to be getting cut from Towson because of grades and not performing on the field. Football was taking away from me for two years. I enrolled into community colleges to get my gpa up over the two years. Got my gpa high enough to get accepted into East Stroudsburg. So after sitting out for two years I’m already 23 at the time I come into camp and do everything I needed to do to make the team and 4 quarter 2 minutes left of the first game I get in and after my first touchdown in 3 years, the next drive I get tackled out of bounds and rupture my right Achilles. I was unsure how serious the injury was and I didn’t care all I wanted to know was how long I would be out for and they told me that it’s a season ending injury. All I could do was cry and call my mom. That’s when I knew things couldn’t get no worse. I would ask my self every night why this happen to me. But something turned on inside of me to do everything in my power to get back on the field. With the support from trainers,coaches,teammates,and family I was able to come back off this injury better than ever.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The play I ruptured my Achilles August 31 2016
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Nipsey Hussle – Dedication
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My cousin meek, just to hear one more joke
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I rather be respected, people who are respected live by morals and wouldn’t let nothing compromise those morals
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My mom and my children have the biggest influence on my life. My mom showed me how to provide for my family, she showed me nothing in this world is giving you have to take every opportunity. My kids drive me to be a better man and a father, they have humbled me so much as a young man, and everything I do is for them.