- Name: James O’Hagan
• Height: 6’1
• Weight: 303
• Position: Center/Guard
• College: University at Buffalo
• Twitter: jamesohagan285
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Im from Seaford, New York its a small town with a great community. The thing I love most about it is my friends and family.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and conditioning would be at the top because if you can’t physically execute what you need to do then the other stuff really does not matter. I would then put film study because I think in order to play to the best of your potential you need to know what is going on and then I’d put practice where you can see the different looks in person you have been seeing on film.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about my family and making sure they are happy.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- My junior year of high school in wrestling I lost in the state semis 1-0 to a kid who wound up being a Ncaa all american from hofstra. It sucked cause I failed but I knew my senior year I had to finish the job and Won it the next year pretty convincingly
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- Probably leadership or passion.
Who is the best player you have ever played against?
- Steven Richardson played NG for Minnesota 2 seasons ago and was good
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I would want to Be in the military, it is an honor to serve your country and I have a tremendous amount of respect for those who do it.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- One family member
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Naruto, I feel like his character is someone who is always fighting through adversity and people doubting him and I feel like that he is someone I strive to be like.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- My biggest adversity would be that I’m not the tallest for my position so Ive been over looked and doubted for most of my playing career. I just worked extremely hard at everything I could control to make up for what I lacked in height
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- 3rd and 4 in our last game my Junior year against Ohio. They ran their best blitz which was a double A gap pressure me and my guard picked it up and we got the first down to make us bowl eligible.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Determination for sure and having that never give up attitude.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandpa so I could tell him about everything that has happened since he past away.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Jimmy O’s
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Jason Kelce, the guy is an absolute demon on the field and linemen im general are always undervalued since we dont have the attention of the casual fan.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because When you lead you will make decisions that may be unpopular but may be necessary and while you might not be liked at all times they will respect you for doing what you know is right.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Shawn Oakman since they just found him not guilty for the sexual assault. He had a promising career and its a shame that it was derailed by something that wasn’t true
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My grandfather for sure he passed away two years ago and he was my biggest supporter and fan. His picture hangs up in my locker to remind myself what kind of person he was and to remind myself who I’m doing this all for.