• Name: Jafar Thomas
• Height: 6’1
• Position: WR/ATH
• College: Bethany College, KS
• Twitter: JafarThomas_
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from an inner city called Newark, NJ, but I went to school in East Orange, NJ . I get asked about it a lot . I love both areas they taught me a lot . What I love most about the two is the people and how much both cities have help me grow into the man I am today .
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and Conditioning, Film Study, Practice
What do you worry about, and why?
• I don’t have any worries because I know what I have to do and what has to be done . I just focus on what I have to do and my goals I want to accomplish .
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I remember I failed at thinking life would be easy, but learning and going through different obstacles . Actually, overcoming them by putting my mind to what I wanted to do gave me a confidence to accomplish at a high level .
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates say my speed is my best quality . I am able to adjust it and use it to make great catches a long with scoring .
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Nobody specific .. I played against a lot of great talent .
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• A Firemen or a Pediatrician
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room,Desk, Car
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would honestly try my best to save every one . It would be hard to choose right off the back because of having one family member be at risk, but I believe what ever you put your mind too if you can do . I will try my best to save every one .
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be martin lawrence because that’s one of my favorite shows . I just want to act out the funny parts on the show .
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Junior College was the hardest part of my life . I stayed with like 16 or 18 people . I was walking 30 mins back and forth to school . I had to walk even if the weather was bad . I had to make 10 dollars stretch for the week and also, shared food with my room mate and he did the same for me . I practiced most of the time on a light stomach just praying every day that it all payed off .
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was a game my team and I lost badly . I felt like it could’ve been prevented, but I just remained positive and got ready for the following week .
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• I have a lot of memorable plays that I love . I scored 15 times this yeah so, it’s kinda hard to choose.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Wale – Ambition
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The most important trait I have is being driven no matter what and making plays every chance I get .
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring my great grandmother back she had such a beautiful heart . She taught me to always stay focused and told me I was blessed .
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Thomas Orginal Dance Club/Studio
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because people can like you, but not respect you .
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Shawn Oakman .. he missed three 3 years of not being able to play because of being falsely accused of something .
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win .. I honestly don’t think anybody loves to lose .
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother from sticking with me and watching me grow . She put me in football early at the age of 6 . She put me in a bunch of sports to keep me out of trouble . I watched her go hard every day since I was a kid working hard to provide for me . Which pushed me to work hard and stay focused .