Name: DeAndre Farris
School: Western Kentucky University
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Shelbyville Ky, it is a small town. One thing I love about Shelbyville is that it is a family oriented place, and everyone wants to see each other succeed.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1: Film Study because it gives you a chance to see what other teams do, see players tendencies, and also correct the mistakes that you may have made as well. 2: Practice is important because it is a time where players can perfect their craft and take coaching during periods of time. It also allows teams to game plan and see the looks that other teams gives. 3: strength and conditioning is very essential too player and team development. It allows players to gain another edge on opponents and allows them to maximize their athletic potential.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I don’t really worry about anything, I believe that I’m in a great position in my life. Even in tough times I try not to worry. My mindset is that everything will work itself out how it’s supposed to.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed a couple test when I was completing my undergrad and I didn’t panic. I went and asked for help from the professor, he gave me a list of things that I needed to do and I went and got them done. That resulted in my grade getting back to where it needed to be.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say that I am a natural leader, have a high IQ for the game, playmaker, and has very high confidence.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Tyre Brady WR from Marshall is the best player I got to match up against
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I didn’t play football, I would want to still be around the game and be a coach!
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room, then desk, then car
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• If there were a disaster and I had to choose between saving three random people or one family member, I would choose my family member because we are family and we always have each other’s back.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Denzel Washington because he is a leader and he has a positive impact on everyone that he talks too!
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• One of my biggest adversities in life was when I was in college and I wasn’t getting the playing time that I wanted. During this time I had to make sacrifices in my life to get to where I wanted to go. I had to be patient but at the same time be very confident that I would reach my goals. During this time I never lost faith and my faith grew stronger as I started to see the fruits on my labor come to life!
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I don’t recall having to many embarrassing moments
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• One memorable play that I had in college was a big hit that I had my junior season against FAU.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• A song that best describes my work ethic would be Motivation by T.I
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I believe the most important trait to have at the next level is having an edge mentally because no matter how tired you can get your mind always has to be strong enough to push you through.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• If I could bring one person back from the dead it would be my grandfather just to tell him I appreciate everything that he has done for our family.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• If I were to open a dance club I would name it Turnt floors.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Brent Grimes because he is a great cover corner and is capable of playing man coverage on any WR in the league.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Ray Rice because I think he was a great guy who made a mistake. Not saying that he was right by any means but I feel for the guy.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My father has had the biggest influence in my life because he showed me how to work hard to get the things that we want. He taught me how to make sacrifices, and he pushes me to not only be the best athlete I can be but best person spiritually as well.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Week 3 Preview: Cincinnati Bengals vs. Philadelphia Eagles ift.tt/3mQnY0t
about 48 mins ago
- Best Prop Bet from Every NFL Week 3 Game ift.tt/3i3ozbd
about 48 mins ago
- Week 3 Preview: New York Jets vs. Indianapolis Colts ift.tt/2G7Lcy6
about 48 mins ago
- This is a true statement twitter.com/husmanjordon/s…
about 50 mins ago
- How come you aren’t answering the door? I have been banging on it for 20 minutes! Just kidding! Congrats twitter.com/whiskeybuffalo…
about 59 mins ago