• Name: Daniel Parisi
• Height: 5’ 11”
• Weight: 175
• Position: K
• College: St.Anselm College
• Twitter: DParisi48
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I live in Georgetown, a small town in Massachusetts, where everybody knows everybody. What I love most about my town is everybody is involved in the community and we all support one another. We all strive to bring out the best in one another.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice, Strength and Conditioning then Film. Kickers are like golfers, the more you kick, the better you will be. Practice makes permanent. Strength and conditioning is very important because kickers are athletes first. Film is also very important. I try to film myself as much as possible to see what I do right and what I can improve on.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about not being the best version of myself and making every opportunity count. I don’t want to look back later in life and wish I did better.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I did not market myself in high school enough to get recruited for college. I did not have any social media and was not aware of the recruiting process. I went to a college football fair and talked to teams in the local area. I then talked to the coach of St.Anselms and the rest is history.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say I am a very consistent playmaker because I have never missed a practice or lift in my four years at St.Anselms.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I played against DeAnte Harris, he was a three time All-American and was the fastest kick returner I have ever seen.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football I would be a forensic scientist, working at crime scenes channeling my inner NCIS.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my car first because I’m always on the go and spend a lot of time in my car driving to practice or driving to the gym.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would choose one family member because family is the most important thing in my life.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Tony Stark from Iron Man because hes a superhero and what more could you ask for.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in my life came in my junior year of high school when I didn’t make the varsity soccer team. I was forced to give up the sport I practiced and loved my entire life. I decided to try a new sport which I barely knew existed. I kicked a football for the very first time and stuck with it ever since.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment came at my first collegiate start. I was a freshman and let up 21 points on special teams, I missed 2 pats, got a punt returned for a touchdown, kickoff returned for a touchdown, and snap that went though my legs. It was a very embarrassing game and we lost 51-19.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable play of my collegiate career came in my first game of my senior year. In double overtime my coach wasn’t sure if I could kick a 45 yard fg. He then asked if I could do it and I said “I got this” then proceeded to nail the kick and force a triple overtime.
What song best describes your workethic?
• DNA by Kendrick Lamar best describes my work ethic because I’ve always felt I could outwork anybody because it’s in my DNA.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The most important trait a kicker can have to succeed at the next level is being mentally strong. The difference between a good kicker and a great kicker is the ability to keep a level head and trust their technique when it counts. I approach my kicks the same way no matter if it’s a PAT or a 50+ yard game winning field goal.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring Jesus back to life because I want to hear what he thinks about today’s world.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• I would name my dance club “kick it.”
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Steven Gostowski is the most underrated player in the NFL because people are really quick to say he stinks when he misses one kick. People forget that he makes 85% of his kicks and has one of the highest touchback ratings in the NFL.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would be respected because everybody can’t be liked but if someone is respected then they can lead and inspire others.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Kicker, Mike Vanderjagt, was forced to retire after a losing season with the Colts because of his outspoken comments about Peyton Manning and the Colts organization. After a losing season, Mike wanted his teammates to show the same enthusiasm for the game he had. My entire collegiate career I’ve been on a losing team and I understand how frustrating it is to keep losing.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I have a burning desire to win and have a passion for the game.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents have been my biggest influence in my life because they have always supported me no matter what. They have demonstrated a strong work ethic and passion in their every day life. They are my role models and have shaped me into the person and player I am today.