• Name: Byron Barney
• Height: 6’0
• Weight: 190
• Position: WR/ PR/ KR
• College: Hampton University
• Twitter: byronbarney_
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Columbia, Maryland. My hometown is a bunch of underdogs that’s
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film, practice then strength and conditioning. Film is important because you can always correct your mistakes and be able to evaluate your tendencies and your opponents. Practice allows you to implement what you’ve learned while working on your craft. Strength and conditioning last because you can be the greatest athlete in the world but if you aren’t in the right position on the field then it won’t matter.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Honestly, I don’t worry about anything. God is always working out things in your life, so I just try to put myself and my family in the right position and let God handle the rest.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• When i was trying to get my license I found the drivers test twice, specifically parallel parking. I had to ask my dad for extra help because I was so nervous to take the test again. My reaction to failing was disappointment and embarrassment but, I Continued to practice when the next time I took it i passed.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates say my best quality as a person is being approachable and easy to talk to about anything in life. My best quality as a player is my intelligence they would say.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Lorenzo Jerome (49ers) and Tyrice Beverette (Jets)
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• A sports agent
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• I would say a room
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• One family member because i was always taught that family sticks together.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Will Smith from I am Legend because he risked everything he had for something he believed in
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity was losing a loved one and i dealt with it by talking to people close to me who experienced the same thing i did.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I was on the playground in 5th grade and i was swinging on the parallel bars , so i swung and landed on my back and lost all breathe in front of everyone hahaha.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My senior year, the game was on the line and my team needed a play in the 4th quarter. I caught a TD pass against Robert Morris which gave us the lead and helped us win the game.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Ambition- Wale
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My intelligence and ability to pick up anything in a short amount of time.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My godfather, Richard, because he was always the one who never got to see me play in person but watched every game online.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because respect is harder to come by. Being respected takes a consistent action and peers approval of that action.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon, i love his game but his off the field issues have hurt him. If he can figure it out , then he’ll be one of the best to do it.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose . I don’t like losing at anything in life . No matter how big or small
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mom because of her consistent sacrifice and her ability to persevere through all adversity. She taught me a bunch of life lessons that i use everyday.