• Name: Andrew Gray
• Height: 6’0”
• Weight: 172
• Position: K
• College: Valdosta State University
• Twitter: andrew_gray5
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Johns Creek, GA. Just 25 minutes north of Atlanta. I love my hometown because when I come home it reminds me of my great childhood and that’s where all of my first memories were made.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice, Strength and Film. Practice is by far the most important thing for a kicker because form is everything. I can change/tweak more of my form when I am kicking than in the film room just for my feel on the ball. Strength is also very important because you need to be in great shape and a stronger leg can kick the ball even further.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I try not to worry about anything in life because I know God has a plan for my life and does everything for a reason.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I lost the starting field goal job the first game of my sophomore year. I ended up getting it back in the second quarter after I made a big field goal to give our team our first points.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Determined. I work my butt off until I achieve what I set out to achieve.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Matt Davis – K – UNC Pembroke
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Pharmaceutical Sales
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, If I come home during the day to a clean room then I am more productive. My desk and car stay clean anyways.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family member, family is everything.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Michael Scott from the Office. Who doesn’t love Michael.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Getting stuck in my comfort zone. I don’t believe you can grow as a person unless you do things outside of your comfort zone. It can be tough for me at times but I have gotten a lot better over the years at doing things that make me uncomfortable.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My first kickoff in high school was also my first game. The returner got past everyone and I didn’t know how to tackle. He wrecked me.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Making a 45 yard field goal against West Georgia in the conference championship to give us our first points of the night.. went on to score 17 points that night.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Give it all we got tonight – George Straight
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Consistency. That is one of the most important traits of a great kicker is to be consistent.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Steve Irwin. He left such an impact on my life watching his shows growing up.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Kenny Moore. I believe he is one of the best corners in the NFL right now.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. I don’t care if you like me as long as you respect me.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Johnny Manziel. If he had matured up and made more responsible decisions he could’ve helped the Browns turn the program around.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win more than anything. If you are trying to win because you’re too afraid to lose then you’re doing it wrong.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Dad. He has been the biggest role model to me and always been present. Whether coming to jump fences with me to kick on locked fields or never missing a game growing up. I aspire to be a father to my kids like he was to me one day.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Three WHAT THE F#$* plays of Week 3; What are you doing? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/week-3… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Y6zAV9G2zK
about 58 mins ago
- Last Chance:Why wouldn’t Eagles Head Coach Doug Pederson just throw the ball up in Overtime?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:NAU Stallions crash the party in Lafayette nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nau-st… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Yk52Gr3cgH
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:Week 3 Injury Report: 54 players suffered from injuries this week, tons of safeties nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/week-3…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- ICYMI:Week 3 Injury Report: 8 wide receivers and 7 safeties went down with injuries nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/week-3… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago