• Name: Amos Johnson
• Height: 5’9”
• Weight: 210
• Position: RB
• College: William Penn University
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I live in Rock Island, IL. Rock Island is part of the Quad Cities which is 4 cities combined into one. It gives you that ‘big city’ feel.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• I feel that all three are equally important and complement each other. If I had to rank I would say strength and conditioning, practice, then film study.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Getting in opportunity (in general) and not being prepared for it. The best thing anyone can do is stay ready. I don’t want to miss a great opportunity because I didn’t work hard enough.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I was academically dismissed for school because of a rough freshman and sophomore year. I buckled down and treated school like football and was able to maintain over a 3.0 the rest of the time I was in school. I knew that if I wanted to play football again I would have to show up in the classroom.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My work ethic or my vision
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Between Nic Dimarco and Akiim Francis
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• It would probably be something along the lines of sports marketing or opening a facility to train athletes.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Depends on the family member.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Will Smith from Fresh Prince. Was blessed to make it out a rough situation and live a good life. Plus he had “all the honey dips” as he would say.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• The school situation I mentioned earlier. During that time I had to do some soul searching and decide whether I felt that football was still a possibility for me. I spent time reminding myself of why I started playing and worked to get the fire back.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I was removed from class in high school for farting.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Senior Day this year. It was the first time in a while that my father got to see me play, and was my best game of that season.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Unstoppable by YFN Lucci
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Drive and the mindset to not be outworked
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Martin Luther King, Jr. To pick his brain and see how he managed to see us all living together in peace, in spite of the injustices that he faced.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Phoenix or the Sphinx
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Travis Kelce
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. For a person to respect you, whether they like or dislike you, speaks volumes about who you are as a person.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Kareem Hunt. I feel like at some point the person badgering the athlete and creating issues for them should be legally punished as well. I don’t believe he physically harmed her.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose, with a passion.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Mother. She taught me how to persevere in the face of any obstacle. I get my work ethic from here. She’s my biggest motivation.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for September 18, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts, and Daily Workouts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 22 mins ago
- Did You See This:Five Fantasy Diamonds in the Rough from Week 1 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/fantas… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/hQ2JJqlzWW
about 28 mins ago
- Last Chance:Breaking: Colts are expected to work out DE Mike Onuoha nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/mike-o… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/0vOTg89lXl
about 29 mins ago
- MLB DFS September 18: Arms, Bats, and Stacks ift.tt/3iX1WXz
about 35 mins ago
- Week 2 Preview: Detroit Lions vs. Green Bay Packers ift.tt/3iPMEUs
about 35 mins ago