QB Prospect: Will Grier – QB – West Virginia University by Steve Hamner
Breakdown: In Grier’s two years starting in the Big 12, he threw for 71td’s and added another 5 on the ground. Of the 22 games’ he played in at WVU, he had over 300yds passing in 19 of them, and one of the games that he didn’t throw for over 300yds was a game that he was injured in the first half. As his numbers state, he is a very productive passer who sees the field extremely well. When he is decisive and in rhythm, he is as accurate as any other QB in the draft. He does a good job keeping his eyes downfield and is athletic enough to avoid pressure and buy time for his receivers to get open.
When he gets out of rhythm or has to make throws where he can’t get enough weight transfer into the ball is when he tends to get in trouble. Like with most quarterbacks, his mistakes and interceptions usually happen when his mechanics are off or when he is hesitant in a throw. He also seems to do better against zone than against man to man coverage.
His biggest key to his success is finding a good rhythm, seeing the field well pre-snap and during the play, and being decisive with his throws. He has a strong enough arm when he is able to efficiently produce force. He is a guy that could develop into a good NFL quarterback if he has a chance to sit and learn from someone. He is a mature, smart guy that already has a family. If the situation is right for him, he will be able to pick up an NFL offense. The question is if the style of play at West Virginia can transfer to the NFL, but with the way some NFL offenses are heading that may not be a question much longer.
- Able to bounce back from a negative lay
- Keeps eyes downfield
- Accurate (Video below when he is in rhythm)
Another example of the seeing the field well, staying in rhythm and throwing an accurate ball pic.twitter.com/JkxWrtbvHT— QB University (@UniversityofCo2) February 1, 2019
- When hesitant with throws he can get out of rhythm (check the video above)
- Can his style of play at WVU transfer to the NFL?
- Struggled when Defenses disguised coverage, etc (Iowa State)
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Tyler Witt, OL, Western Kentucky nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/tyler-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 35 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: D.J. Moore Injury Update, Panthers WR suffered an Ankle/Achilles injury… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Josh Jacobs Injury Update, Did the Raiders RB suffer a serious injury?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Daniel Jones Injury Report, Giants QB suffered a hamstring injury… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Has a point twitter.com/buffrumblings/…
about 2 hours ago