Name: Taronn Selby
• Height: 5’10
• Weight: 175lbs
• Position: Wide Receiver
• College: Delaware State University
• Twitter: Scooter_selby4
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
* I’m from Bear Delaware, it’s a small city where everyone knows each other. Everyone is supportive of one another especially if your chasing a dream.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
* Film Study, this is most important because it allows you to learn your opponent, it gives you the ability to figure out different techniques and tendencies that your opponent uses. Next is practice, this is where you really get to play the game before game day, you get real game reps, and get to physically prepare yourself. Lastly is Strength and Conditioning, I put this last not because it’s not important but because this is really just physically preparing your body for the season or a game and helping to prevent injury. Film study, and putting into action during practice is preparing your mind so when it comes to the actual game of football, film study and practice is most important then Strength and Conditioning.
What do you worry about, and why?
* I worry about not being able to provide for my family. I have no option but to be successful because I know I have my family depending on me to make a way.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
* My Goal coming into college was to start WR as a true freshman, I wouldn’t say that I necessarily failed at not accomplishing this but I had to show my worth on special teams before starting to gain my coaches trust.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
* My teammates would say that my best quality is easily my work ethic. I refuse to be out worked in anything that I do and honestly I feel like that’s what separates me.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
* The best player I’ve played against in college is going against my twin brother everyday in practice.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
* If I couldn’t play football I would be running track. I was an All-American in the 100m dash, as well as the 4×1 and 4×4 relay. I’d also open my own training facility where I’ll do speed training for the youth.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
* Definitely my room, I feel like your room should always be clean because it is a representation of you.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
* One family member for sure, I’m very family oriented, my family is all that I have and have the deepest love for. Family over everything has been my motto my whole life.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
* I would be Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, He seems like a really motivational person, always encouraging people to put in hard work, and be the best version of yourself.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
* Getting over the death of my grandmother before the start of my senior year of high school. I overcame it with a lot of prayer and family support.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
* Dropping a ball.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
* Making the clutch catch on 4th and 20 with 30 seconds left in the game to put us in field goal range which lead to a touchdown to beat Morgan State University
What song best describes your work ethic?
* Wale -Ambition Ft. Meek Mill and Rick Ross
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
* My most important trait is my work ethic and this will definitely help me succeed at the next level because I refuse to be out worked and knowing how hard my parents work for me makes me want to got even 10x harder.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
* My grandmother, I just want her to be apart of this journey with me, see how far I’ve come, I know she’d be so proud.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
* Selbyville Vibes
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
* I may sound cliche but I feel like everyone is good at what they do, they are in the NFL for a reason.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
* Respected for sure, respect goes a long way in this world. If there’s anyone who may not like me, I know for a fact that they respect me.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
* Michael Vick, Mike was changing the game of football and leading the way for a whole new generation of quarterbacks. It’s unfortunate what happened because honestly he wasn’t even in his prime yet.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
* Definitely hate to lose. Winning feels like your supposed to do it like it’s expected.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
* My Parents, seeing how hard they work makes me go so much more harder, everything that I do is for them.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds