• Name: Robbie Smith
• Height: 6’2
• Weight: 245
• Position: Defensive End
• College: Wilfrid Laurier
• Twitter: @Robssmith_
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I grew up in Brampton Ontario, just 30 minutes west of Toronto. What I love most about Brampton is how diverse the city is really allowed me to learn from so many different people and cultures growing up.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1. Practice- Is the most important because it is the closest thing to playing the actual game and the most important for developing football relevant skills.
2. Strength and Conditioning- Maybe because I am a Kinesiology major the importance of strength training is extremely important in injury prevention, creating proper biomechanics along with giving you the tools to succeed on the field.
3. Film Study- Being able to watch yourself and correct your own mistakes is essential for progression!
What do you worry about, and why?
• In relationship with football I tend to worry about how my actions impact the players around me. As a leader you are constantly looked at so I often worry whether I am leading people in the right way.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• One example of this academically is when I did poorly in a second year physiology class. That was the lowest mark I had ever received in my life so I was deeply surprised at the result. I responded in what I thought was the best way possible which was to work harder. I now consider my academic rigour 2nd to none.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I believe my teammates would say my best quality is my ability to keep a level head in all situations. Whether we are up by 30 or down by 20 I believe my teammates can count on me to make sure we take the game one play at a time.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• My brother! Christopher Smith an Offensive Tackle for the York Lions gave me toughest game I have ever played in
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Had I not been playing football I would want my career to be some kind of medical practitioner. Whether that be a Doctor, Physiotherapist, Chiro or Osteo I am not too sure.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• My room. I always clean my room first because when my room is clean I have a clear mind.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• From a consequentialist philosophical perspective I would have to save three strangers but in my
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Black Panther. Amazing super hero, he looks like me and is a character with high morals!
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Trying to explain to my football team that I had no clue who Shania Twain was. Everyone seemed so surprised I didn’t know.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play I can think of was my very first OUA sack in the rookie season against Windsor on homecoming.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Ambition – Wale Featuring Meek Mill and Rick Ross. This song is about the drive and ambition that it took them achieve the success they have now and the adversity they had to overcome to get to that point.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Hands down the most important trait that I have leaned on in every aspect of my life has been my work ethic. I always consider myself one of the hardest workers on any team that I have been on and I hold that personal thought near me.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Muhammad Ali Because I would love to have a conversation with him and pick his brai
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Yannick Ngakoue- Maybe he is not underrated anymore but he is a great pass rusher that doesn’t always get the credit!
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected. Respect brings with it a body of work and leaves a legacy
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Derrick Rose of course. No money or fame in the world can make up for the fact you can’t do what you were once able to do in a sport you love. Glad to see he’s better now.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate losing
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• The biggest influence in my life has been my mother. She is the strong woman that raised me into the man I am today.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Coaches Hot Seat: Three head coaches that need to be fired after Week 3 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/hot-se… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 13 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for September 28, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 13 mins ago
- ICYMI:Cowboys defensive lineman Trysten Hill should be suspended for this dirty play nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/tryste… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 15 mins ago
- Titans are working out QB Anthony Gordon, WR Chris Lacy and TE Dalton Schoen
about 16 mins ago
- Cardinals hosted TE Evan Baylis for a visit
about 18 mins ago