• Name: MIchael Wristen
• Height: 6’5″
• Weight: 253
• Position: DE/TE
• College: CSU-Pueblo
• Twitter: @mwristo
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Broomfield Colorado. I like the close-knit community and all the tradition that resides there
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1)Film Study- you can always make yourself better by learning from what you did wrong
2)Practice- practice makes perfect. You can always get better, never satisfied.
3)Strength and Conditioning- you can always make yourself better than your opponent by getting stronger and faster
What do you worry about, and why?
• i worry about my family and friends and want them succeeding always. Everybody eats!
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I tore my MCL second game of the year last year. It hurt but i played through the pain with a knee brace and ended up playing and starting every game last year. Helped me become the player i was senior year.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My best quality would be my friendliness, I’m always in a good mood and bring energy every day.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Matt Judon. This was when I was a Tight End back in 2015 and I had to block him.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Financial Advisor or maybe invest in a mini putt-putt course
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• I clean my room first, you can’t be sleeping in filth
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save whichever is closest to me because everyone is family. no one gets left behind or forgotten.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Joey from Friends. He has a close-knit group of friends and he is around babes all day (Jennifer Aniston)
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• I skipped a grade so all my life I have been the youngest in everything.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Playing under my uncle, John Wristen, For the past five years and him yelling at me every day because he needed to let off some steam.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Running a fake punt against Texas A&M Commerce to seal the Win against them. I did the dash on them.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Jump Around by house of pain- nothing gets me juiced up and others going like this song.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• intelligence- out smarting your opponent and knowing their tendencies and what play they are about to run will help you excel in the next level.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Robin Williams so he could play the genie in the new
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• TJ Watt- He is so raw at his position because he was a tight end at first and he switched to OLB.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected for sure. You can like someone but still, think they aren’t good at what they do. Being respected is a good mix of being able to get done whats necessary, being liked, and letting everyone know I do whats best for the team as a whole.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Jared Lorenzen- I feel for him because sometimes it is hard to stop eating. I too want to eat my whole pantry sometimes.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My dad, he has always told me to not be satisfied and win every day.