• Name: Melvin Williams Jr.
• Height: 6’0
• Weight: 205
• Position: LB
• College: Tabor College
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I could go on and on about my hometown but a few things that stand out the most to me would have to be the Beaches, The beautiful weather & the support I receive.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- First would have to be film study so I can study my opponent’s strengths & weaknesses. From
film, I can notice how certain players line up before each play & little things like that. Secondly I would have to say practice because you can always perfect your craft you can always get better. Thirdly would be strength and conditioning because you can’t measure heart you don’t always need weights and it’s a lot of little guys I the league quarterbacks don’t have or need to be the strongest on the team.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about getting my mom a million dollars.
Why ?Because she made a lot of sacrifices for me to get me where I am at this point. She was my mom and dad. I worry about my grandmother as well because she’s done a lot for me also.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- When I tore my MCL I reacted like “why me
” ?I shed some tears ,I prayed to god & I walk by faith and not by sight. I sat out 2 games ,did rehab came back and overcame it. God put me in this position to see how bad I wanted it. Nobody said it’ll be easy.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- Leadership, My energy my tenacity &
they wayI carry myself on the field. My energy on the field is contagious.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- I would have to say
DanteDeon. Currently plays for the LA Rams.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I’d be in the Rap Industry.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
- Desk , room & then car. In that order.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- I would have to save one family member because that’s my blood but if I could go back and save the strangers I would.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- I’d be Chris Tucker because he’s funny and he reminds me of myself.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- Being a black athlete at my school. I overcame it by coming in and doing what I have to do and not listening to what others say.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- When I was little I use to climb on buildings in the neighborhood and I was hanging at the top one time and my friends pulled my pants down in front of everybody man , I remember it like it was yesterday.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- It was 4th & inched in a bowl game it’s 2:00 minutes left on the clock Andy coach called me on a blitz I timed it perfectly and I smacked the running back before he got the ball
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Major nine – Ghetto
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- To thrive and want greatness.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My father because I’d want him to see what I’ve accomplished and I’d wants to hear his voice saying how proud he is of me and it would be nice to hear his voice.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Patty Cakes
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- Dante Deon
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- I would rather be respected because respect goes a long
way ,anybody can like you but not everyone is going to respect you
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- I would have to say, Michael Vick. He did his time and wasn’t welcomed back in open in my opinion. Everybody makes mistakes.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I love to to win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- Coach Zo my high school football coach because he played a big role in my life and was a very good father figure and he taught me a lot on the field that I didn’t know that I can do. He brought the best out of me and showed me how good I can be and he made sure I did what I
was supposeto do and was always on.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Cam Newton Leaves Preseason Game Early With a Foot Injury ift.tt/2P7L59O
about 13 mins ago via IFTTT
- Josh Allen of Jags is good wow
about 13 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- Packers and Raiders Preseason Game Being Played in Winnipeg Despite Field Condition Concerns ift.tt/2P8Ksgg
about 23 mins ago via IFTTT
- Jay Glazer saying that the Texans have talked to ten teams about Clowney. One mentioned the Dolphins
about 23 mins ago via Twitter for iPhone
- ICYMI:2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ben Holmes, QB, Tarleton State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/08/ben-ho… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 28 mins ago via Damond Talbot Wp Twitt Pro