- Name: Marcus Kirkpatrick
- Height: 5’10”
- Weight: 180 lbs.
- Position: Defensive Back
- College: Sacramento State
- Twitter: @mksplit22
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I grew up in Madera California and I love this place because this is where I learned how to do everything in my life, its where I learned how to ball before I moved to SoCal for high school. Madera is the place I learned how to win.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Strength and conditioning first because you have to be in shape to get things done efficiently while on the field, like mastering techniques and stuff like that if you are weak in the weight room and not conditioned, you not gone make it. Film study second because you can find the specific details that you want to work on for the day or talk about what to expect from opponents. Practice last but not least because here you can start putting everything together, practice gotta be turned up.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I honestly don’t worry about anything but I pray about everything knowing that God will see me through every situation that concerns me. Philippians 4:6-7
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- I failed at school, I dropped out after my second season of junior college at Fullerton and after everything was happening to me I was just depressed honestly because I thought that everything that I had worked for was for nothing. After some time with Jesus he showed me the way to go and helped me get back into school and finish. I overcame the failure by really placing my faith in the Lord and trusting him with what he was telling me to do. Now
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My Passion
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Keelan Doss, WR UC Davis
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I have my Life Agent license already, I would get in that field again and travel around the world being a communicator for companies and a motivational speaker for people.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster andyou could either save three strangers or one family member, which would youchoose and why?
- I would choose one of my family members because I couldn’t live with myself knowing that the person that I know and love knew I could have saved him but I chose to save other people. I couldn’t look my brother in the face and not save him if I knew I could save him.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Spiderman because he always comes to save the day and I feel like that’s what
- my life consists of.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- My biggest adversity was trying to figure out my purpose in life and what my reason of being on this earth was. After my brother got possessed and Jesus came to me in my
- old apartment, he told me everything and all my confusion and questions were gone.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Getting cheated on by my first girlfriend ever, my sophomore year of high school. Never been the same since.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Getting my interception against Portland State was a very memorable moment for me, it’s like everything slowed down
inthat moment because I had just been so thankful to even be playing. How my life was going I didn’t think I was going to still be playing ball.
What song best describes your work ethic?
Bag – Tee Grizzley
What is the most importanttrait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the nextlevel?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- Joseph Sebastian Cabadas, My brother, I miss you bruh! I wish I could’ve talked to him before he left. RIP Bash!
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- 2K’s Nightclub
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- Xavier Rhodes
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected, you don’t have to like me but you have to respect me for what I do, I get it in regardless.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Josh Gordon because he has been through a lot in his life and for him to go down like that is weak, I wouldn’t blame him for it, he just needs help with dealing with the things that are attacking his mind making him believe he needs whatever that got him kicked out the league.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Hate to lose
Who has been the biggestinfluence on your life and explain why?
- My dad Tony Kirkpatrick, he has always been with me through every stage of my life, he was never missing and he gave me all the tools he had to offer me so that I could be the man/player I am today. I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for my pops.
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Jason Garrett, Dan Snyder, and painful dummies (Future is Now Podcast) ift.tt/2GnfQku
about 2 hours ago via IFTTT
- Meet Model Elisha Herbert, Shaq is at Tomorrowland Living His Best Life & Henrik Stenson goes full Bo Jackson ift.tt/2LxFK9l
about 8 hours ago via IFTTT
- Francisco Lindor Calls for MLB to Extend Netting after He Hit a 3-year-old Boy in the Head With a Foul Ball ift.tt/2YjJgdh
about 12 hours ago via IFTTT