- Name: Marcus Griffin
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 305lbs
- Position: NG/DT
- College: University of Arizona / Central Michigan University
- Twitter: @therealmg96
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Originally from Indio, California, moved to Washington as a young kid. Was raised in Kirkland/Bothell, WA and moved to Bellevue in high school and have lived there since. Love my hometown, a lot of successful educated people around me.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice, Strength and Conditioning, Film. Practice gives you the opportunity to work on things and see potential formations you could see on game-day. I place strength and conditioning next due to the fact that if you’re out of shape you won’t be able to contribute. What good is a guy who is mentally sharp but physically a slob. Film Study is positive critizcism, you get the opportunity to see self error and correct it. Also watch opponents and evaluate tendencies and find other mismatch opportunities.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my family every day, I have a rare situation. I was blessed with two amazing parents who are still together that uncommon now. I want to be able to make their life easier and retire them. They’re my motivation and my why, I love this game but I got into this with a mindset of retiring my mother.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Too many options. Honestly with my shoulder, tore my labrum in my left shoulder and didn’t play like I wanted, wasn’t physically able to I was limited. Came back home to Washington and found the best PT clinic I could and got on a program to make sure my shoulder goes from a weakness to a strength. Had to get out of a dark place mentally and flip the switch to motivate myself. Being around family inspired me and made me attack everything I’m doing.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• A listener without judgment and bringing
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Would come down to Jarred Goff and Christian McCaffrey.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be some sort of musician I love music.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, if my room is dirty my head is cluttered. Clean my room every morning.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Saving my family member, nothing more important then family.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Frank Lucas from American Gangster. He is
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Been a few big ones, probably this past semester. Did a grad transfer to CMU and was not happy with my situation, had issues with my position coach and wasn’t a big fan of the environment. Was hard being that far away from my family, I missed home and was mentally torn down. I came to a realization that me going there was for a bigger picture to help myself in the future, once I realized that it was smooth sailing and changed my attitude.
What is your most embarrassing moment? Being called a bust, had a lot of accolades out of high school and I feel like I didn’t accomplish what I wanted.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Making an open field tackle on Thomas Tyner, the guy is a crazy athlete and was a huge fan of his at Oregon. Ran a stunt to the center shed him and ran down the line of scrimmage to tackle Tyner.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Victory feat Biggie Smalls.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I say non-physical, I think dedication is what you want you need to be successful at anything. Do what others won’t so you can do what they can’t.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandfather Frank Cannon, he died when I was a young child. Being able to sit down as a man right now and have him explain the decision he made in life would be something huge for me.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Ray’s Boom Boom Room.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Michael Brockers, LA Rams. He’s not crazy on the stat sheet but does his job well. He has Suh and Donald that take most of the shine but he is a huge piece for the Defense.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, I don’t care if you like me or not. By definition the word respect means “feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements”. If you want to be liked you will be untrue to yourself and do things for other peoples gratification instead of your own.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Johnny Manziel, I had the opportunity to be around him at The Opening in high school and he was such a great spirit to be around. Had no clue he was in a dark place mentally.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose 100%. Losing is a slippery slope and if not dealt with properly can lead to something bigger.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My father, he is my biggest motivator, teacher, critique, fan and realist. Never lies to me and never will.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- THIS! MOST DISRESPECTED NEWS OUTLET OF THE NFL, PERIOD twitter.com/DamondTalbot/s…
about 20 mins ago
- Last Chance:Syracuse freshman defensive back Cornelius Nunn was arrested on gun charges in Miami… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 20 mins ago
- ICYMI:Von Miller can’t possibly hit the open market… right? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/von-mi… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/XMNPbYuAMB
about 27 mins ago
- WE tried telling you! No one listens to Draft Diamonds though twitter.com/AlbertBreer/st…
about 32 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Will Gragg, TE, University of Pittsburgh nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/will-g… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago