- Name: Marcus Brantley
- Position: Safety
- Height: 5094
- Weight: 190
- College: Pittsburg State University
- Twitter: MJ_Brantley33
- Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I’m from Gilbert Arizona in the east valley of Arizona. It’s a really nice area, I think it was voted 5th safest city In the nation a few years back. What I love most about it would have to be how diverse it has become over the years.
- List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Strength and conditioning first, Practice second, and film study third, Because to play this game you must be strong and conditioned so you can maintain that mental sharpness when you’re exhausted. Then practice, because I believe you must beat at your craft to become the best of your capability, and lastly film study. Being able to know what your opponent is going to run in certain situations allows you to make those educated guesses to make the plays that help you win.
- Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- When I was in JUCO my first year I had to pass a few summer classes in order to play and get on the field and I didn’t pass them, unfortunately . So in order to play that following year I had to play catch up and enroll in extra classes and pass them which I did, that moment taught me a lot.
- What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- How I demonstrate Reliability, that they can rely on me to do my 1/11. Inconsistency breeds disappointment.
- Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Mark Andrews
- What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I‘m not sure a few different things have been on my mind, either somewhere in a marketing department, or a firefighter.
- Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
- If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- A Family member, because Family comes first.
- If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Easy Batman, Because Batman is the only superhero that doesn’t have a special power, but can take down anybody
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
- When I pooped in the lake when I was at the lake with this girl I liked family.
- What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- My first touchdown, it was a scoop and score that unfolded perfectly.
- What song best describes your work ethic?
- Ace hood – Undefeated
- What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Resilience– being able to overcome and bounce back from failure.
- If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My grandma, because when she passed away my mother was serving 30 days for a DUI and didn’t get a chance to see her one last time.
- If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Black & White Studio
- Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- Jameis Winston
- Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected, because the fact is not everybody is going to like you.
- What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Maurice Clarett, because everything that happened to him was right in the prime of his college career. Granted he got another shot at it. But I could see how that could mess his head up.
- Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I hate to lose and love to win.
- Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- James Beaver, my stepdad. He raised me my brother and my sister as his own. He also taught me everything I know. He had me working out when I was 8 because he says how much I love this game. He taught me how to fail and to not let it destroy you. And to Just don’t ever give up on your dream.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:A NEW DISTURBING NFL TREND THAT NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/uMASHxtYFg
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Bernard McCall Jr., WR, Brevard College nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/bernar…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Did You See This:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Kevon Johnson, RB, Roosevelt University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/kevon-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for May 10th, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Roster Cuts and Workouts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft: Non-Power 5 Conference Report | 49 Draft Picks were from Non-Power 5! | 18.9 percent of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
By: Josh Shippen 33. Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU 34. New York...
Podcast Description: Beyond The Negotiation hosted by NFL Agents Sam Tiger and Hygens Succes takes listeners on...
In this episode we talk about Dillon Gabriel‘s performance under the new offensive scheme...
Zack Moss is ready for this upcoming season. Moss also wants to silence the...