• Name: Marcus Applefield
• Height: 6’5
• Weight: 310
• College: Rutgers/Virginia
• Twitter: applefield71
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown Weeki Wachee Florida is about an hour north of Tampa and is known for hosting underwater mermaid shows. What I love about the town is the crystal clear Weeki Wachee R
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• I would say Film study would be the most important aspect out of these three very vital parts of the game. No matter how fast and strong you are, if you do not know your assignment, you won’t be able to execute. At the same time I believe that in order to execute those plays at a high level, you must be strong and athletic enough to do so. Therefore I would put strength and conditioning second. Lastly practice, with practice brings consistency and experience.
What do you worry about, and why?
• In terms of football, I worry about staying as healthy as possible so I can play the game I love as long as possible. Outside of football, I pray for my families health.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• The game Virginia looks forward to every year is Virginia Tech. After losing to them in overtime this year, it felt like the ultimate failure. Although I will not be playing them again, I work every day like I’m preparing to play them at the end of the year again.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say that my best quality is that I’m durable and consistent. This year, I was able to play the most snaps on the team without having any injuries and staying completely healthy.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I have ever played against in college is Maurice hurst. He was very explosive off the ball and gave me great competition.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would like to coach football at the college level. Specifically offensive line.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room first because that is were I reside and am more often.
If there was a disaster and you could either save threestrangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save three strangers and I hope my family member wouldagree with my decision simply because of the amount of lives being saved.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would yoube and why?
• Besides the life that he lived, I would love to be Johnny cashbecause I love his music and what he preaches.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’vedealt with or overcome it?
• My father spent my childhood and my young adult life in prisonand I was raised without a father figure in the home. I overcame it by placingmy self in the best position possible so that I didn’t end up in the Samsolace’s he did.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Last year I was walking into one of my classrooms and everyseat was taken but the front row. I decided to take a seat there and the wholerow of about 10 seats that were screwed into the concrete ground broke and everychair collapsed.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play of my collegiate career is the last play of the Belk
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Being a big Jonny Cash fan, I would say “ain’t no grave”. Bysaying this, I mean that nothing is going to get in the way of what I want toaccomplish.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical orNon-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I believe you need to be able to have the basic fundamentalsdown to a professional level. For an offensive lineman, one of the fundamentalswould be your punch. If you’re punch is better than anyone out there, that canseparate you from the rest. If all of your basic fundamentals are professional,I believe you can succeed at the next level.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day,who would it be and why?
• I would bring my grandfather back. Simply to catch up with himand laugh with him once again.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• If I were to open a dance club, I would name it “Bar” with a number behind it. ie: bar 12, bar 71…
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• As an offensive lineman, I want to say lane Johnson because we are never truly in the spotlight. But I believe that Mike Evans is extremely underrated.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected, I believe that respect goesto a level beyond being liked.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues doyou feel for the most and why?
• I have great respect for Colin Kaepernick. I understandwhat he was trying to bring to light and it is unfortunate that things playedout the way they did.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose. When I lose, it takes me a day or two torecover from it. After I win, I move past it very quickly.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Mother has been the biggest influence on my life because she keeps me moving on a daily basis. She has fought for me throughout her life and I intend on doing the same for her.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- You now have a claim to a stock like Apple, Ford, or Facebook. In order to keep this claim to your stock, sign up a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 47 mins ago
- ICYMI:Would Antonio Brown sign to a team’s practice squad to earn his spot on a roster? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/antoni…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago
- ICYMI:Top Aussie College Football Players Who Panned Out To NFL nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/top-au… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/PX7M6fMxck
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:20 players from the XFL found a way to stick on NFL rosters, More to come? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/xfl-35/ #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:If Broncos win with Blake Bortles, what does that say about Drew Lock? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/drew-l… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago