• Name: Lamar Watson
• Height: 6’3
• Weight: 245
• Position: DE
• College: Monmouth College
• Twitter: Lamar_2307
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Kankakee, IL. I love everything about my city, it’s a place where not many people make it out or even have the opportunity. It’s full of young talent that’s just waiting for exposure in almost every aspect, from clothing designers to pure athletes.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study, Strength and Conditioning, and Practice. I always like to see myself on camera, it helps me break down my strengths and weaknesses from a different view, same as breaking down an opponent. Football is a tough sport so your body has to be fully prepared for the amount of impact it’s going to take day in and day out. I think strength and conditioning is second because without it, you won’t last to begin with. Coaches want you to compete at a high level out there, you can’t do that if your out there tired, getting tossed around. Practice would come 3rd in this situation, only because once I’ve watched film and prepared my body, I can now go work on the details.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my speed off the ball and technique. I think that plays a major role in a pass rushers success against any opponent.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I’ve failed a million times, I always look at it as an opportunity to make myself a better person, rather that’s on or off the field. When I fail, I use that as motivation to bounce back.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Leadership, I try to be that person that brings the energy to the table everyday. Most people like to talk their way into being a leader, I like to show what a leader looks like.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Deandre Wright, running after him in practice made running after other running backs during the game so much easier. He’s a great elusive back and I’ve witnessed him put hundreds of players, including our own on skates.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Construction or working in public relations with a professional team. I’ve always had a love for construction but with majoring in public relations, I could also use that to work with a sports team.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• One family member, I’ve always known blood to be thicker than water.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Liam Nelson from the movies “Taken” all 1, 2, and 3. His special skills to protect himself and his family at Will is what I hope to be able to do someday if ever put in a situation like that. There are crazy people in this world and my family means everything to me.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Losing my nephew all while not doing so good in the classroom, once he passed I wasn’t in the right state of mind and that began to hurt me in the classroom. I realized what the outcome could be if I continued to let my hurt affect me in the classroom and got myself back on track.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I was in class with a girl I had a crush on growing up, my stomach had been bubbling all class so I tried to ease one out. It was louder than expected so I just let it all out, she didn’t look my way for like three weeks.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Senior year at Illinois College, they were moving the ball down the field on us and made it all the way down to the 20. They tried a quick slant, I picked the pass off and ran it back 80+ yards for the touchdown. That’s when I realized I liked defense way more than offense too.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• “These Scars” by Meek Mill
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I’m determined to be great, I don’t want to be anything less at the next level.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My dad, I don’t think I told him enough how much I love and appreciate everything he did, even when he didn’t have it for us. I didn’t understand how much he tried until I got older and could finally realize and by then it was too late.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Red Dragon
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Lance Lenoir
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, I could careless if anyone likes me, but as long as you respect me like I’m going to respect you we’ll never bump heads
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Sean Taylor, he was a monster who came from a bad place that just never left him.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose, winning is a great feeling, but that feeling after a loss is just sickening.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mom and my two nieces, every time I talk to them or have them in my presence I get a better understanding of why working hard comes so easy. I want to give those three the world, and in order for me to do that I have to work hard and I know that.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Fantasy Doctors: Myles Gaskin Injury Update, Will he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/myles-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ae64rrn1x0
about 26 mins ago
- Did You See This:Salter seven-round mock Draft: Seattle Seahawks nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/seahaw… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/uXD8uNE5UR
about 26 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: John Brown Injury Update, Bills WR will miss another week nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/john-b… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 35 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Alvin Kamara Injury Update, How serious is his foot injury? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/alvin-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Todd Gurley Injury Update, How bad is the Falcons RB’s knee injury? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/todd-g…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago