• Name: Konnor O’Keefe
• Height: 6 ft
• Weight: 240
• Position: FB / H-Back
• College: Monmouth College
• Twitter: @konnor_okeefe
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Tremont Illinois, a small town of about 2000 people in central Illinois. The small town feel provides a great family atmosphere as well as helps to develop a lot of strong personal relationships with those around you.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1) Practice. 2) Strength & Conditioning 3) Film
—To me practice is the most important, you win games in practice and it is the best time to master your craft as well as make your teammates better . Next I had strength & conditioning because that helps to develop you as a player and provides an opportunity to lead by example. Working hard in training is also an opportunity to show your dedication to your teammates and the program. I had film at 3 even though I find it crucial to having success at higher levels of competition. I put it at 3 because at my position if you are not assignment sound and physically ready to go it is hard to have success.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I try my best to never worry and always trust in the bigger plan
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• An example of a time I’ve failed is in the weight room at testing day, and not reaching my goals on a squat max and failing my rep in front of the whole team. This is always a humbling experience and helps give more fuel to work even harder before the next test.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Probably Brett Pearman at Mckendree university. A beast at defensive lineman
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Working for a company that allows me to exercise my education in business administration and economics
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room. Every day starts and ends in the room.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• All if possible, but I’d have to save my family member first and foremost
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Arnold Schwarzenegger as Conan the Barbarian
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• One of my biggest adversities was leaving the small town environment, but I overcame it by broadening my network and trying to create a lot of new relationships with different people
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was attempting to dye my hair red before our first playoff game, just to have it end up a pinkish red color for 2 months
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Getting the 3rd and long conversion in OT of the conference championship to set up the go ahead score.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• This means war ( Avenged Sevenfold)
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Dedication. Being dedicated to all aspects of the game will help you stay a step ahead
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Nikola Tesla, to learn about all of his top secret inventions
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• Everyone in the NFL is a great athlete and football player!
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. Being respected shows that people recognize you more for your character and actions
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Adrian Peterson. Never deserved to be suspended for an entire season compared to the sentences other players receive for larger offenses.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Love to win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My father. His work ethic is unmatched and he’s always set a good example for how to handle tough situations
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Josh Jacobs Injury Update, The Raiders RB is fighting a hip injury… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 34 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Branden Hohenstein, TE, Abilene Christian nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/brande… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 35 mins ago
- Sad story here twitter.com/DraftDiamonds/…
about 41 mins ago
- Last Chance:Former Alabama linebacker William “Rowdy” Harrell and his wife killed in a car accident on their honeym… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for November 27, 2020, Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 59 mins ago