Today in a very strange turn of events, Johnny Manziel the former first round pick of the Cleveland Browns, was released from the CFL and banned from any other team in the CFL from signing him.
Manziel has not been in the media lately and has really been able to apparently get his head on straight.
“We are disappointed by this turn of events. Johnny was provided a great deal of support by our organization, in collaboration with the CFL, but he has been unable to abide by the terms of his agreement,” Alouettes general manager Kavis Reed offered in a statement. “We worked with the league and presented alternatives to Johnny, who was unwilling to proceed.”
We do not know what that means, but it is strange that they said they are disappointed by this turn of events. As if Johnny is in trouble with the law, or violated a substance abuse rule. We have not heard why he was released, but it does open the door for the AAF or even the XFL.
Right now the AAF has been pretty solid, but they lack in the big name quarterback department. Could Johnny Football be what they need to help lead a team like Memphis or even Atlanta? It will be interesting to see what happens moving forward, but do not count out the Johnny Manziel to the AAF rumors, because they may have legs.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Great opportunity for small schoolers! Must check it out twitter.com/cgssmall/statu…
about 8 mins ago
- Draft Buzz: Catching up with Coastal Carolina Edge Jeffrey Gunter nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/jeffre… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Vq3MZQvOca
about 9 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Josh Jacobs Injury Update, Great News, but is it the dreaded high ankle sprain?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 13 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Kenny Pickett, QB, University of Pittsburgh nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/ryan-p… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 19 mins ago
- Week 12 Recap: Los Angeles Chargers vs Buffalo Bills ift.tt/39qKbxK
about 22 mins ago